The "Squeeze Out A Victory" Postgame Report

If anyone has a link to the replay I’d appreciate it. I’m curious as to how many threes were actually contested

A bunch were contested. They just made them.
That’s what I’m thinking. I didn’t really pay attention during the game (other than the fact they were making them) but I don’t remember us really giving up too many uncontested looks. Sometimes a team is just hot/ lucky and there’s nothing you can do about it.

Besides Bowden and Fulky our bench is pretty worthless. Alexander and NBA shouldn't be used in the same sentence because that ain't happening.
Fulkerson looks like he shouldn't b on court , that young man can play he has great basketball IQ he always hustles gives you everything 50-50 balls he gets
more times than not. He had that bad injury freshmen year , I would like see him get in weight room get some muscle and bulk. if refs need get to a TO
count on Fulky to be whistled for foul, he gets hosed every game ………………...……..GO VOLS

Just my 2-cents.....
Why do we adapt to the other teams playing style seemingly every game? They will face an early exit if they continue that trend

Not sure what this means. We have the 3rd best offensive efficiency in the country. When a team goes zone, you have to adjust accordingly.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
Yesterday, Colgate was determined not to let the Vols get anything inside. They wanted to make it a 3 point shooting contest and they thought they could win that. If you watch the game, the first 10 or so minutes of the game, they were not sagging back into the lane as much as later on and we pretty much had our way with them. They adjusted and started really denying anything inside. They were slacking off our shooters, daring them to shoot the threes. We took the bait and shot threes early in the clock without trying to get a higher percentage shot. Fortunately the boys hit enough threes to win.

It will be interesting to see whether Iowa employs a similar strategy. I suspect they'll experiment to see if we can knock some threes down.

Just watched every single Colgate offensive possession... 7 of their 29 threes were uncontested, that’s 24%. They made 11 contested threes, and 4 uncontested (one was on a ball fake, so it depends on if you call the close out a contest) out of Burns 8 threes, 7 were contested. Do with that as you wish.

Just watched every single Colgate offensive possession... 7 of their 29 threes were uncontested, that’s 24%. They made 11 contested threes, and 4 uncontested (one was on a ball fake, so it depends on if you call the close out a contest) out of Burns 8 threes, 7 were contested. Do with that as you wish.

Good stuff

Reactions: Dallasbowlin
Watched replay highlights and dont feel bad about that game at all. Bowden was great and Turner was good.

Doubt we play anybody else that hits contested shots like that unless we meet Auburn but I expect them to get knocked within the next two rounds.

Good grief. 30-5 and it couldn't get worse.....

I think the zone is good when used in sports but what Posters seem to me ignoring is rebounding. We did a good job with that yesterday and may have lost without keeping them off the offensively glass which a zone allows for.

Not even close to what I was talking about. Re-read and come back to the topic. We were discussing 3 point defense. I'll chalk up another hilarious BruinVol take though.

There is no way to defend prayers. They threw them up and they went in. I'm sure we scouted the players out and when we left one unguarded he sunk them even though he probably wasn't know for sicking them. The only way to beat a team shooting that lucky is to do exactly what we did. Limit turnovers, hit some 3's in key spots, and penetrate/score when it's there. I did not see the game live, but watching it later, I was shocked...really shocked at their lucky ass 3's.

VN Store

Back