THE SPORTS BETTING THREAD!

FanDuel completely screwed me on my free bet, I made 3 bets, lost all 3 didn't get any refunds, so I closed my account and joined DraftKings. DK has done everything they said they would and their app. kills FD. I should have listened to @bignewt . I didn't and it cost me $250

Reactions: bignewt
FanDuel completely screwed me on my free bet, I made 3 bets, lost all 3 didn't get any refunds, so I closed my account and joined DraftKings. DK has done everything they said they would and their app. kills FD. I should have listened to @bignewt . I didn't and it cost me $250
1. Did you opt in?
2. Usually FD requires 2/3 legs of a parlay to hit for any insurance to be paid out.

I thought I did, but my connection seemed bad, some how I got listed as gambling out of NJ and it wouldn't let me bet, some bets, but then let some go through. It just was a headache all the way around and DK has been the complete opposite, every time I opt in, I get my boost, every bet goes through quicker and it's easier. Maybe, I'm too much of an idiot to use FD, very possible, but DK works great for me and I'm very happy

I bet the Braves +1 and then 5 min later Acuña hit a home run. If I win it will undo tons of bad Masters bets

Overall a really solid weekend for me:
Dern +300 for a sub win
Acuna HR+230
Freddie HR +320(I think dont remember exact odds)
Seager HR + 480
Hit some ML bets as well, really good weekend

Man, I'm on fire with the NBA player props, Morant and Wall for double/doubles bet $110 won $500. Wall had his d/d by halftime, Morant by the end of the third quarter. Throw in Paul George for over 41.5 points/assists/rebounds and won $130 on a $65 bet. So $175 to win $630. Lost my Draymond Green triple double bet at +1200 for $50, he had 19 rebounds, 11 assists and only 2 points. So anyway +$405 in basketball tonight

All that bragging and got killed on baseball betting on players hitting HRs. Basketball is still going well,.double/doubles for Zion and Bam (10 assists, didn't get there in rebounds, big shock/win). Keep taking flyers on triple doubles, not worth it, but that's probably because I've haven't hit one. Still, too rare, unless u take Westbrook and the odds are like -140, which is mind-boggling bad

Btw, although Zion had like 14 rebounds today, he doesn't really rebound as well as I think he should. Fwiw, unless he is rebounding his own miss, he isn't as good of a rebounder as he should be. My point being, lay off Zion double/double bets and over 9 rebounds, because if it isn't his own miss, he don't want it bad enough, imo. As long as the big center is hurt in Memphis, I like all the Ja Morant double/double bets and over 24 points scored, hell probably over 25 or 26. Just saying. Over 1.5, 3's for Morant isn't a bad bet, too, imo

I've been trying parlays this week. Mixing hockey and bball, mostly moneylines. I am 2-5 but the two that hit are nice paydays.

Reactions: The Dog
My lock for tonight, Draymond Green for a double/double at +200. I had a 25% boost so I bet $50 to $175. I feel so confident in that bet, I took a $20 flyer on Green to win $255 if he also pulls off triple double. I've learned that triple doubles are a fool's bet, but throwing $20 or less out on one every once in a while could be worth it, if you hit one. Well, if I ever hit one, so keep that in mind

Last edited:
Well, my lock lost, but that's what happens when Golden St is down over 30 at halftime. Still broke even thanks to a double/double by Christian Wood for Houston, 24 points, 18 rebounds had the d/d about 3 minutes into the 3rd quarter. Blowouts are the biggest worry on player prop bets, especially late in the season. Neither Draymond, Steph or Luka played a minute in the 4th. But hell, who thought Dallas would have the game all but won by halftime.

I lost every bet I made in basketball the last 2 days, of course, that's what happens with blowouts, injuries and ejections when u mostly bet player player props. -$800+. Thanks to lady luck, I hit a couple of baseball bets. Just when I think I have the NBA figured out, I'm brought back to reality and some. Oh yeah, despite all the basketball losing, staying a little ahead in baseball, I've been on fire in soccer. I had Gareth Bale scoring in the 1st half and scoring 2+ goals, this weekend and he had a hat trick. Wish I had that bet. Anyway, De Bruyne for Man City to score in the 1st half in their Champions League match is my bet, tomorrow. I bet $90, pays $500. Usually only throw $10 or $20 out on goal scoring bets, because the odds are so high and it's so hard to predict, but I'm on TILT, so cheer for The Dog and KDP, to score, tomorrow

I've been ice cold on my NBA player props bets, but hit Sabonis for a triple-double (I know a fool's bet, unless it's Westbrook, but not this time) and KD for a double-double last night. Followed it up with Randle, PJ Washington and AD for double-doubles tonight. So, I'm hot again. But, u will notice, all are All-NBA level players, but Washington when they are healthy. So my advice, if u are betting NBA player prop bets, bet on the superstars, don't get happy on the great odds for marginal players unless u get a good match-up. PJ had the Pelicans without Zion, Ingram and Adams (20+ rebounds a game, easily) and had like 12 rebounds, tonight. Now, he went 0-8 to start off the game, but still had over 10 points before the 4th quarter started. I, also lost a $50 bet on Paul George (2 rebounds short) for a double-double, but he is another superstar, so I can live with it

Oh yeah, I threw a $20 bet out to win $100 on a Luka triple-double, today. He had like 15, 5, 5 at halftime, but got ejected for hitting Sexton in the nuts. Biggest crybaby in the league, over 15 techs. Yes, he is a balla, but he will occasionally do something stupid and cost u money

Nice start for the day, had Chris Wood (Premier League) to score a 1st half goal and he did. Of course, he didn't score that goal until the 44th minute and there are only 45 minutes (maybe a couple of more minutes depending on fouls, injuries and VAR reviews) in a half. Still, $100 winner on a $20 bet.

Westbrook is -400 to get a triple/double tonight. Crazy, but probably a lock because he will break The Big O's record, but Beal isn't playing tonight, so I expect Russ to score more than usual. I wouldn't touch it.

Told u all Russ was a triple/double lock, but at -400, who the hell would bet it, maybe if I had more money, I guess, still no payoff

Sabonis got another triple/double tonight. I know I told u all that's a fool's bet unless u are betting on Westbrook (which u shouldn't because the odds are usually around -400), but Sabonis was +400 and that's not bad. I threw $20 on it and won $100. So, imo, as of right now, if u decide to make a triple/double bet, Sabonis gives u more bang for your bet and has hit, 3 out of the last 6 (maybe 7 games). Draymond hit tonight, too at like +800, but I wasn't touching it, because it was back to back games. Wish I would have

I'm taking DeJonte Murray (who ?, former 1st round pick from Washington) for a double/double tonight. Murray has had multiple triple/doubles, this year and well over double digits double/doubles. Kyrie is not playing for Brooklyn and Harden is back on restricted minutes, plus this game is a big one for the Spurs, need to hang on to one of those play-in spots. Got it at +375, $50 something bet to win $300+. Go Murray and please be a close game

6 points and 5 rebounds after the 1st quarter for Murray. Feeling good, although I wish he had a couple of assists as back-up, because he averages more assists than rebounds, but hell, by any means necessary

VN Store

Back