The WRASSLIN’ Thread

If you're gonna call it a Jackhammer, ya gotta treat it at least similar to a Jackhammer. And a Jackhammer deserves at least a close count.
That's my whole thing. They shouldn't let somebody steal a finisher and turn it into a high spot while somebody else is still using it.

So Crown Jewel was just ok. That's pretty much what I expected.

As for NXT and AEW this week, I again thought AEW had the better in ring product. They need to do something with the women's diviaion though. Where the heck is Allie? NXT did a better job of building some heat for thier upcoming PPV. War Games is always awesome. It looks like this year will be no exception.

So Crown Jewel was just ok. That's pretty much what I expected.

As for NXT and AEW this week, I again thought AEW had the better in ring product. They need to do something with the women's diviaion though. Where the heck is Allie? NXT did a better job of building some heat for thier upcoming PPV. War Games is always awesome. It looks like this year will be no exception.
We differ on this. I think NXT has been a better product almost every week.

We differ on this. I think NXT has been a better product almost every week.
The first couple of weeks I would agree. The last two I thought AEW had better matches overall. NXT had the match of the week last week with the main event. The rest was mediocre. This week, all the matches that should be really good got cut short. I think NXT did better at story telling before the PPV. But the actual wrestling favored AEW. Everything but the women's match was solid.

Last edited:
The first couple of weeks I would agree. The last two I thought AEW had better matches overall. NXT had the match of the week last week with the main event. The rest was mediocre. This week, all the matches that should be really good got cut short. I think NXT did better at atory relling before the PPV. But the actual wrestling favored AEW this week I thought. Everything but the women's match was solid.
This week had the killer promo from Mox, a rushed tag title match, 2 unnecessary 6-man tags, like 15 minutes of 2 guys trying to get to the arena (which literally made me shout at the TV because I was so annoyed at it), a women's match with 2 women who I've never been given a reason to care about...I just wasn't feeling it. NXT this week gave us a nice start to the Balor turn, a fantastic women's tag title match, Shirai (who might be top-5 hottest acts in wrestling right now) vs. Lerae, a surprisingly great team of Bro and Keith Lee? Just inject what they're doing right into my veins it is fantastic

This week had the killer promo from Mox, a rushed tag title match, 2 unnecessary 6-man tags, like 15 minutes of 2 guys trying to get to the arena (which literally made me shout at the TV because I was so annoyed at it), a women's match with 2 women who I've never been given a reason to care about...I just wasn't feeling it. NXT this week gave us a nice start to the Balor turn, a fantastic women's tag title match, Shirai (who might be top-5 hottest acts in wrestling right now) vs. Lerae, a surprisingly great team of Bro and Keith Lee? Just inject what they're doing right into my veins it is fantastic
The Kabuki Warriors were awesome for sure. They need to get Io in there and complete that stable STAT. Lee/Riddle vs UE was awesome for what it was. But it was short. I enjoy any match with Omega and the Bucks. The SCU vs Lucha Bros match was the match of the night IMO. Hangman vs Guevara was great.

I am evaluating based solely on the quality of the actual matches. AEW is so new I am not really paying attention to story yet. So I guess I am grading on a curve. On that front Dynamite was lacking other than the Mox promo and the Cody/Jericho face off. The car ride things was indeed infuriating.

NXT is still the best wrestling show on the planet. AEW isn't even second IMO. That would be New Japan. I'm just trying to be fair to the new kid.

I don't know if what I hope happens can happen or not since they're on different shows, but the nod to it at least was cool.
Bullet Club exists across NJPW, ROH, etc., so why can't this stretch 3 WWE brands? They'll just need to pick up a few guys on NXT and SD to make this work. It's a storyline that would feel incredibly fresh for WWE

Just watched NXT and AEW. AEW had a great week. They have a heck of a tag team division and Full Gear looks to be awesome. Mox vs Omega in particular should be fun.

I'm going to have to give the victory to NXT this week though. Nearly every match was great. They even made yet another Kai vs Baszler match entertainig. I like the NXT invasion angle for Survivor Series and The OC showing up at Full Sail this week. It's going to be weird not having any titles on the line at takeover though.

Just watched NXT and AEW. AEW had a great week. They have a heck of a tag team division and Full Gear looks to be awesome. Mox vs Omega in particular should be fun.

I'm going to have to give the victory to NXT this week though. Nearly every match was great. They even made yet another Kai vs Baszler match entertainig. I like the NXT invasion angle for Survivor Series and The OC showing up at Full Sail this week. It's going to be weird not having any titles on the line at takeover though.
I think Dakota Kai will end up being the 4th member on Shayna's team

Reactions: JCHateSteve
Anyone catch Full Gear from AEW last night? Loved Mox vs. Omega! It’s what the world of wrestling has been missing. Violence.

Just Finished Full Gear. It was a really solid PPV. Even the ladies match worked and that has been a weakness for them so far. The main event was some old-school ECW stuff. I've only seen the way they ended it one other time. That barbwire thing was nuts.

Just Finished Full Gear. It was a really solid PPV. Even the ladies match worked and that has been a weakness for them so far. The main event was some old-school ECW stuff. I've only seen the way they ended it one other time. That barbwire thing was nuts.

Everything was solid until the last two matches, those matches were above solid. I like the story telling of MJF and Cody. The main event was just a throwback to retro hardcore wrestling. Very entertaining.

Reactions: JCHateSteve

VN Store

Back