The Southpaw Regional Wrestling Thread

JCHateSteve

Recovering Lurk
I hated the last Lesnar reign but this past one was ok. I liked the match last night a lot and actually wanted Lesnar to win. Seth just doesn't seem very likeable.
Serh makes a better heal for sure. I'll take most anything over Brock though. WWE should just replace him with a shaved, albino, gorilla. No one would notice.

download.jpeg

The Sheriff

Rollins really, really isn’t likable and they should turn him heel. I wish they’d rewrite the storyline on the fly and make him be the one that trapped Roman on SDL and ran over him on RAW but seriously doubt they’d do that.

The Sheriff

I really didn’t like them seemingly insulting adults intelligence at first with the Mister Rogers' Neighborhood start to the gimmick with Firefly Fun House but this character has turned out incredible! I love the lantern that's made out of Bray's decapitated head, the entrance was pretty awesome and the Broken Out in Love remix is sick! I should have LIPO before judging the gimmick.

Last edited:

JCHateSteve

Recovering Lurk
Just finished SummerSlam. The Fiend is awesome. Bray has the best entrances since the Undertaker. I can't wait to see The Fiend vs The Demon.

Brock put in a better match than usual. My criticisms of him stand however. He did 3 actual moves tonight. German Suplexes, F5, 1 regular suplex. Tonight was about the ceiling for how good a Lesnar match can be. Compare that to the ceiling for a Rollins match with most anybody else, and you should understand my frustration.

Still the booking seems to be looking up in general since Heyman and Bischoff got involoved. They even managed to make the Goldberg vs Ziggler match fairly entertaining. Dolph made those spears look better than any I've seen in years.

crusse10

THIS MAN IS A PERVERT
Just finished SummerSlam. The Fiend is awesome. Bray has the best entrances since the Undertaker. I can't wait to see The Fiend vs The Demon.

Brock put in a better match than usual. My criticisms of him stand however. He did 3 actual moves tonight. German Suplexes, F5, 1 regular suplex. Tonight was about the ceiling for how good a Lesnar match can be. Compare that to the ceiling for a Rollins match with most anybody else, and you should understand my frustration.

Still the booking seems to be looking up in general since Heyman and Bischoff got involoved. They even managed to make the Goldberg vs Ziggler match fairly entertaining. Dolph made those spears look better than any I've seen in years.
I'm curious who writes the script for Brock matches. It's clear that someone is limiting what moves Brock matches can feature. Once he took Cena to Suplex City years ago, the available moves went from calling different moves throughout the match to counting Germans like we're Americans soldiers about to ambush an occupied city in France.

It's not that he can't do moves. He's a freak of nature. He's being told to not do other moves.

JCHateSteve

Recovering Lurk
I'm curious who writes the script for Brock matches. It's clear that someone is limiting what moves Brock matches can feature. Once he took Cena to Suplex City years ago, the available moves went from calling different moves throughout the match to counting Germans like we're Americans soldiers about to ambush an occupied city in France.

It's not that he can't do moves. He's a freak of nature. He's being told to not do other moves.
It stands to reason that he is capable of more, given his history. I have no idea if it's him or creative to blame. Either way the last two years have been a whole lot of meh when it comes to Lesnar matches. He reminds me of later days Kurt Angle after he messed his neck up so bad. Brock is more intimidating, certainly. But, he is use of the ankle lock away from the exact same matches Kurt was having toward the end of his career.

VN Store

Sponsors