The Smack Talking Barbershop Quartet

They did an entire bit dedicated to that:

I’ve seen it, it was funny.

I’m just saying that this whole bit was about mocking your rivals for recent and past beat downs. Was kind of obvious bias that they did not do a single one for Bama. The Kick Six or the most recent NC are prime examples that could have been mined for a funny jab.

I mean it’s always been clear the guys behind this are Bama fans. With many of their blowout wins over the years, they certainly have earned the right to have fun at their rivals expense. But since the whole point of the bit was mocking for even distant past losses, not having Bama be a part of it is both blatant bias and missed opportunity.

I’ve seen it, it was funny.

I’m just saying that this whole bit was about mocking your rivals for recent and past beat downs. Was kind of obvious bias that they did not do a single one for Bama.

It's "SEC Shorts." Which SEC team has the ability to smack talk Bama? The only team that won their most recent meeting with Bama is South Carolina, and that was back in 2010.

The Kick Six or the most recent NC are prime examples that could have been mined for a funny jab.

The Kick Six was six years ago. Bama is 4-1 against Auburn in the years since. And, like we just discussed, they already did the national championship.

I mean it’s always been clear the guys behind this are Bama fans. With many of their blowout wins over the years, they certainly have earned the right to have fun at their rivals expense. But since the whole point of the bit was mocking for even distant past losses, not having Bama be a part of it is both blatant bias and missed opportunity.

Which "distant past losses" were referenced in the video?

It's "SEC Shorts." Which SEC team has the ability to smack talk Bama? The only team that won their most recent meeting with Bama is South Carolina, and that was back in 2010.

The Kick Six was six years ago. Bama is 4-1 against Auburn in the years since. And, like we just discussed, they already did the national championship.

Which "distant past losses" were referenced in the video?

I assumed the line “that one time you scored more points than your opponent” specifically referenced the past since it was in past tense.

As for “they already did that” well I’m fairly certain they “already did” bits on most if not all of the losses mentioned in this short. So leaving out the most shocking and talked about beat down of the off season is still a pretty blatant missed opportunity. And yes I know it’s SEC shorts but they have included non SEC teams in their clips before

VN Store

Back