The scoop and score ruling…

At what point in the game was this play? I was watching the truncated SEC network replay, and I don't think they showed it.

How surprising.

Anybody have a time mark on that play? I just don't remember when it occurred.

At what point in the game was this play? I was watching the truncated SEC network replay, and I don't think they showed it.

How surprising.

Anybody have a time mark on that play? I just don't remember when it occurred.

It was around the 6:00 mark of Q1. And indeed it was cut from the replay.

Reactions: SpaceCoastVol
It was around the 6:00 mark of Q1. And indeed it was cut from the replay.
What a crock that they wouldn't show that. But again.. unsurprising. Thanks for that. You were spot on.... right at 6 minutes.

Edit: I just watched it on Youtube.... (Thanks Freak!!!) and I didn't see any zebra signaling dead play... Couldn't hear a whistle (Thanks Neyland!) but there should have been a visual signal that it was dead. There was none.

We got robbed.

Last edited:
Reactions: CaliVol2009
What a crock that they wouldn't show that. But again.. unsurprising. Thanks for that. You were spot on.... right at 6 minutes.

Edit: I just watched it on Youtube.... (Thanks Freak!!!) and I didn't see any zebra signaling dead play... Couldn't hear a whistle (Thanks Neyland!) but there should have been a visual signal that it was dead. There was none.

We got robbed.

You can begin to smell the bull**** at around the 6:15 mark.

And I just watched the end of the SEC replay. Man they don't want anyone to question the zebras in that whole debacle.

We.

got.

robbed.

Wrong call and it was made retroactive of the play itself. My wife said, “play was dead because the quarterback wasn’t ready”. She’s right. That’s what they decided.

Reactions: MemphisVol77
Replay

I’d like to see a better quality video on youtube (and one that includes the officials’ explanation). But from the replay you can clearly see kiffin is wrong about UT players stopping because they heard a whistle too. Nobody on the field stopped except Matt corrall. It really just looked like a hard play action or broken Statue of Liberty play where we got in the QBs face way before he was expecting it, and he just froze.

After the play kiffin was working the refs and it did look like he was trying to say corral heard a whistle. I think corral and kiffin were grasping at straws, but may have succeeded. IMO the refs were fooled by the play action, had no idea what was going on or what to do, and decided giving us the ball but not the points was a fair compromise.

If you missed it Wallace got his untimely response which in a nut shell is the ruling on the field was correct.

So I had a long conversation with an NFL ref of Twitter. He highlighted that the linesman at the bottom of the screen, which is barely visible on camera, raised his hand. This is equivalent to blowing the whistle apparently. He did so just as Baron and Blakley were bringing Corral down.

Due to this action the play was able to be called dead at that moment. Was this right the official would not say but only that due to the flow of the play that the call could be made. He admitted that it was as most plays are, purely judgement. He would not or could not answer why an official who was standing beside Kiffin and further away than the Back Judge and Ref would feel the need to make that call.

Long story short we were jobbed by that ruling and it made the play unable to be reviewed.

If you look to the top of the formation you can see where I believe the ball was supposed to go if given time. The crossing receiver #10 turns after the top receiver knocks down our nickel and you can see he knew the play was busted. No reason for him to look back towards Corral unless he knew it was a fake and expecting expecting the ball.

Last edited:
So you're asking me to believe that if somehow the fumbled ball was picked up by Ole Miss instead of us, and they ran for a touchdown as the refs ran along with them all the way to the end zone, then both teams started trotting out their special teams unit for an Ole Miss extra point, but then suddenly the ruling/call came down that returned the ball to where the QB got hit and it would be a turnover on downs... And I'm expected to believe that too would be ok?

That's what I'm being asked to believe?

It was a BS call. IF the play was over or 'forward progress' was stopped...where was the damn whistle???

GBO!!

So I had a long conversation with an NFL ref of Twitter. He highlighted that the linesman at the bottom of the screen, which is barely visible on camera, raised his hand. This is equivalent to blowing the whistle apparently. He did so just as Baron and Blakley were bringing Corral down.

Due to this action the play was able to be called dead at that moment. Was this right the official would not say but only that due to the flow of the play that the call could be made. He admitted that it was as most plays are, purely judgement. He would not or could not answer why an official who was standing beside Kiffin and further away than the Back Judge and Ref would feel the need to make that call.

Long story short we were jobbed by that ruling and it made the play unable to be reviewed.

If you look to the top of the formation you can see where I believe the ball was supposed to go if given time. The crossing receiver #10 turns after the top receiver knocks down our nickel and you can see he knew the play was busted. No reason for him to look back towards Corral unless he knew it was a fake and expecting expecting the ball.
that guy made the call from a good 20 yards away. He is almost out of the camera view. Most of our issue is that there is a ref right on top of the play who didn't blow the play dead. Also didnt that ref you highlighted run to the end zone as well??

that guy made the call from a good 20 yards away. He is almost out of the camera view. Most of our issue is that there is a ref right on top of the play who didn't blow the play dead. Also didnt that ref you highlighted run to the end zone as well??

The linesman should never have made that call. The ref and back judge ran with Baron. It only takes one idiot zebra to muck up a play and the linesman did just that.

Should he have made to call absolutely not but that doesn’t change the fact that he did.

In my opinion this was a busted fake and the intended target was #10 who was in motion from the bottom to the top. You can see him looking to the QB for the ball.

If not for the penetration on the play 10 would have been wide open for a big gain. Corral saw the penetration and knew the play wasn’t going to work shortly after the fake handoff.

The linesman should never have made that call. The ref and back judge ran with Baron. It only takes one idiot zebra to muck up a play and the linesman did just that.

Should he have made to call absolutely not but that doesn’t change the fact that he did.

In my opinion this was a busted fake and the intended target was #10 who was in motion from the bottom to the top. You can see him looking to the QB for the ball.

If not for the penetration on the play 10 would have been wide open for a big gain. Corral saw the penetration and knew the play wasn’t going to work shortly after the fake handoff.
That's exactly what I thought was happening. One of those delayed play action fakes were nobody knows the QB still has the ball. Then he bombs it 50 yards on you. Except our guys went straight for the QB.

That's exactly what I thought was happening. One of those delayed play action fakes were nobody knows the QB still has the ball. Then he bombs it 50 yards on you. Except our guys went straight for the QB.

Yep and that idiot linesman standing right next to Kiffin didn’t let it play out like his counterparts did. I am sure Kiffin wasn’t yelling at him to stop the play to save his QB

So I had a long conversation with an NFL ref of Twitter. He highlighted that the linesman at the bottom of the screen, which is barely visible on camera, raised his hand. This is equivalent to blowing the whistle apparently. He
Ha I played football for many years and was never told anything was the "equivalent of a whistle". If you stopped and no whistle I this would be a bad day for you as I would bring the wood. And doesn't clear recovery trump a premature "whistle"?

Ha I played football for many years and was never told anything was the "equivalent of a whistle". If you stopped and no whistle I this would be a bad day for you as I would bring the wood. And doesn't clear recovery trump a premature "whistle"?
If we stopped before the whistle our coach would make us run at the next practice til we puked.

We can talk about this for 100 pages… won’t change a thing. Game is over. Let’s focus on Bama!!!
We still argue about Peyton and the Hiesman as well as the Florida „touchdown catch“ 21 years ago dude! This is Tennessee. This is what we do 😂😂😂

Dunno man just the messenger might be worth a google.

Refs are like lawyers & doctors. They take an oath not to turn on each other. It was a trick play. It’s been proven by the coaches cut of the video.
That would be the same oath taken by mafia members and drug cartels, right? That is a better analogy IMO

I think the entire world knows it was a bad call, but the SEC will never admit it. Not sure how much more the horse can be beat.

I don't intend to ever stop beating this horse. This is the new Jabar Gaffney. The SEC officiating crew stole seven points from Tennessee and until they give them back, I don't intend on letting go. I'm not going to talk about it nonstop, but I will never, ever forget what they did to the Vols Saturday.

VN Store

Back