The rich (Alabama) get richer

I am sure the ONLY reason Bama flipped these guys is money. Winning at a rate never seen before in college football? Having the unquestioned GOAT of coaches? Much higher chance to get recognized nationally and get drafted? Nah none of that matters. Its all about money.

Boy some TN fans are truly beyond butthurt.

Reactions: Mtnvol80
I am sure the ONLY reason Bama flipped these guys is money. Winning at a rate never seen before in college football? Having the unquestioned GOAT of coaches? Much higher chance to get recognized nationally and get drafted? Nah none of that matters. Its all about money.

The cars, cash and free suits certainly don’t hurt. It’s all over the internet for everyone to see.

Bama has it rolling no doubt and is going to draw top talent, but to act like they aren’t doing more and getting away with more than the rest of us mortal teams is the height of willful ignorance.

He is not the GOAT coach. He is the GOAT recruiter. Little Napoleon walks on the field with an unquestionable talent advantage every game. He isn't performing coaching miracles on Saturdays.

Find me his last win where he had the less talented team.

He built that team. Recruiting is a part of coaching. What he has done is unprecedented. No disrespect but to call Saban anything othervthan the GOAT is insane. Only a TN fan could say such things.

He built that team. Recruiting is a part of coaching. What he has done is unprecedented. No disrespect but to call Saban anything othervthan the GOAT is insane. Only a TN fan could say such things.

Recruiting is part of coaching and he and the Alabama bank roll assemble a recruited minor league NFL roster yearly.

The fact that this will be his first undefeated championship should be an embarrassment. The guy has literally been schooled by Malzahn and Freeze using less talented teams.

Recruiting is part of coaching and he and the Alabama bank roll assemble a recruited minor league NFL roster yearly.

The fact that this will be his first undefeated championship should be an embarrassment. The guy has literally been schooled by Malzahn and Freeze using less talented teams.

Yeah I guess he had the exact same advantages at LSU right? Lol. The guy brought them into the national spotlight. He got them their first NC since 1958. But I guess that was all the Bama bank roll. Or the LSU bank roll.

Schooled? Lol. Ok so a few times in 11 years he has been beaten. Like I said, only a butthurt TN fan could make your argument. Virtually the entire college sports world disagrees with you.

Little Napoleon walks on the field with an unquestionable talent advantage every game. He isn't performing coaching miracles on Saturdays.
Not every single game.

In games where the talent is comparable, he wins almost all of those too.

My oh my, flipping a couple of DBs has genuinely disturbed the masses. Bama may be getting the 5*, Dax Hill, as much through circumstances as perseverance. Getting 62 points put on you with the so-called #1 defense was embarrassing. That it happened to you with your #1 rival is especially tough. We've always been on the Carter kid as well and this is a marathon. Good things happen when you keep on keeping on. And you have Nick Saban.

You just described that "it's all about the money".

For all the visionaries that are simple enough or butthurt enough, to think we just out-recruit everyone else.

Somewhere between these elite recruits getting to Tuscaloosa and getting ready for the NFL draft, something miraculous takes place. They get superior coaching, unlike anywhere else on the planet. And thus, a dynasty is born.

He is not the GOAT coach. He is the GOAT recruiter. Little Napoleon walks on the field with an unquestionable talent advantage every game. He isn't performing coaching miracles on Saturdays.

Hes a great practice field coach, great recruiter and his teams are ready for every situation but he is an average sideline coach. Add to it he has free run to hire anyone he desires at any time.

When he's in a close game with someone other than Ga, he's about .500. Even with a huge talent advantage.

Reactions: allvol123
Hes a great practice field coach, great recruiter and his teams are ready for every situation but he is an average sideline coach. Add to it he has free run to hire anyone he desires at any time.

When he's in a close game with someone other than Ga, he's about .500. Even with a huge talent advantage.
Since 2008, when he got things rolling, he’s 21-11 in games decided by a touchdown or less. That’s a little better than “about .500.”

Reactions: govols105
Since 2008, when he got things rolling, he’s 21-11 in games decided by a touchdown or less. That’s a little better than “about .500.”
The attempt to minimize what Saban as done at Alabama by some people is just hilarious. If convincing highly rated players to come to your school was all there was to this, Butch would have been an above average, bordering on great coach at Tennessee. If he's just a "nothing special" or "pretty good" coach, why do these kids keep coming to Alabama?

The way I see college football coaching is that, very broadly speaking, it is made up of two skills: recruiting and actual coaching (identifying/developing talent and gameday decision making). Most college coaches are much better at one of these than the other, and typically recruiting is the one they are better at. The college game is full of coaches that are great recruiters and average (or worse) coaches. NFL scouts say this kind of thing all the time around the combine and the draft.

Saban excels at both, which is why he is as good as he is. He is the recruiter he is because he's probably the best talent developer the college game has ever seen.

If you want a big name coach to make that criticism of, I'd suggest John Calipari, although people overstate their case when making the "great recruiter, OK coach" of him as well.

Yeah I don’t get The “he has more talent than everyone else” argument. Should we discount what Coach K or John Wooden accomplished, because they had more talent than just about everyone.

VN Store

Back