The reason we should hold off on coaching change

Just when you think we the rock bottom of ignorance and irrationality...
Tennessee may have to put football on hold until they can find a football coach. I’d rather take a year or two off and regroup than continue to embarrass the fan base and the whole country
You can't be serious. If you are not joking you should never leave your safe space and a get you a therapy bunny.

Yep and he'll pull a Butch and take it easy by denying several DC jobs that would offset our cost. Probably crawl back to Saban as an analyst for $20,000 yr. But in all seriousness, if you look at his recent interviews, he has the body language of someone who doesnt enjoy this anymore (or at least right now) and is defeated. Almost wish he'd be a man about it and say "Hey this isnt for me" and leave to go back to Bama.

Agree with your post but, according to reports from people who cover the Vols, there is no income offset language in Pruitts contract
He can get his money from UT AND get paid $1mil plus from Bama. Fulmer is an idiot.

Reactions: ShoalCreekVol
I think ya'll are over looking a obvious solution, Just get rid of the coach and the AD replace them Volnation. All decisions could be made by fan polls. I mean there is no greater source of football knowledge and wisdom and besides the fans are never wrong.

I'm curious, how many losing seasons out of his 8 year contract would you need to see before you conceded that A) Pruitt was a bad hire to begin with, and B) should be terminated?

South Carolina is almost $60MM in the hole from COVID. Muschamp's buyout was larger and they have $300MM less in revenue over the past 15 years. Didn't stop them.

They don't spend 100 million a year on pointless raises and keeping every construction company in the region busy building and rebuilding athletic facilities.

Here is the deal. We need to give Coach JP 2 more years to show what he can do with his recruits and to show his coaching acumen with players that actually match up with the beasts of the SEC. We will see that in the next 2 years, as we have been getting not only good recruiting classes, but players that match the style that we want to play. Any coaching change now would be senseless and pointless.

The main reason we can wait 2 years is the following:
1. In 2 years, Steve Sarkisian will be ready to be a coach at any Power 5 school of his choosing. He proved this past weekend he can coach with Saban not able to coach. Alabama's offense is humming like never before. Steve Sarkisian is the real deal

2. Hugh Freeze has already said he is not interested in the South Carolina job and for sure would not go to Vanderbilt. That means in 2 years, Hugh Freeze will still be available as a candidate.

If CJP doesn't work out the next 2 years, we should bring the Brinks truck and offer whatever either Sarkisian or Freeze ask for. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and we are giving a substantial extension to CJP.
You must be a member of the "inner sanctum." Otherwise, I feel very sorry for you....

Even though Pruitt's hire was the biggest head scratcher since Mike Hamilton hired Todd Raleigh as baseball coach, I was willing to give him a chance. He's had that. Enough is enough. A good indicator of the value of a coach is who, besides U.T., wants him. The last three have been pretty damned much nobody.

Last edited:
I'm curious, how many losing seasons out of his 8 year contract would you need to see before you conceded that A) Pruitt was a bad hire to begin with, and B) should be terminated?
Well...he talks like "us" and likes cornbread. It could be a while.

The Vols absolutely cannot from a financial standpoint afford a coaching change. The UT Athletic Department will be almost $40 million dollars short due to the virus effects. We are still paying Butch Jones and at present Coach Pruitt has a buy out package of some $13 million....folks it ain't going to happen with those financial numbers. In two more years Pruitt will have the players to compete and will have the program headed in the right direction. If you were a potential recruit would you choose the Vols with all the negative comments that appear here daily?
What’s 25000 tickets x $70 a ticket x 6 home games? $10.5 million in a year. That’s not counting the donations required to get season tickets, other donations, cut of merchandise sales, etc. I would say UT can’t afford to continue down this trajectory.

Here is the deal. We need to give Coach JP 2 more years to show what he can do with his recruits and to show his coaching acumen with players that actually match up with the beasts of the SEC. We will see that in the next 2 years, as we have been getting not only good recruiting classes, but players that match the style that we want to play. Any coaching change now would be senseless and pointless.

1. In 2 years, Steve Sarkisian will be ready to be a coach at any Power 5 school of his choosing. He proved this past weekend he can coach with Saban not able to coach. Alabama's offense is humming like never before. Steve Sarkisian is the real deal

2. Hugh Freeze has already said he is not interested in the South Carolina job and for sure would not go to Vanderbilt. That means in 2 years, Hugh Freeze will still be available as a candidate.

If CJP doesn't work out the next 2 years, we should bring the Brinks truck and offer whatever either Sarkisian or Freeze ask for. Let's hope it doesn't come to that and we are giving a substantial extension to CJP.

Some of the worst logic I have ever read, Freeze isn't waiting on UT and there will be other schools firing coaches including Vanderbilt and more than likely Michigan. There is no telling how many coaches will be fired next season which will likely include Malzahn at AU and Clay Helton at USC. Nothing screams success like hiring two Alabama assistants in back to back coaching hires.

They could step up and stroke a check for both Pruitt and Fulmer tomorrow and it wouldnt change anything. Other than the next set of names on the next set of buyouts to be paid in 3 or 4 years.

Posted this in another thread. It pretty much fits here too.

3. JG only has 2 more years of eligibility left as he will be 30 years old by then.

Saban @ 79 to the team... "I want 45 the hard way... I'm taking a nap. Wake me up when we accept the trophy."

I'm curious why don't you just vote with you money and cancel your season tickets?

If we forked over the money, we could have Freeze this year. You get that right?

In 2 years Pruitt will be lucky to scrape together a top 30 class. The guy has more than proven he is incapable of getting the job done, no reason to prolong the misery.
Tennessee recruits for itself, a zombie could get a top 20 class.

What, you don't want to admit that Pruitt could never perform poorly enough in your eyes to warrant termination?
That’s definitely not true, but it is lunacy fire a coach before he can play his recruits. No tickets huh, it’s easy to trash and bash something you have nothing invested in. I have lots of time and money in the game.

That’s definitely not true, but it is lunacy fire a coach before he can play his recruits. No tickets huh, it’s easy to trash and bash something you have nothing invested in. I have lots of time and money in the game.
Lunacy? Why is it that certain coaches can only coach the players he recruited? And by certain coaches I mean Dooley, Butch and Pruitt. That's always the excuse. I want a coach that can coach any player.

1 GA St
2 Vandy
3 Ky at home

Fire away
Signature Wins under CJP

1. Auburn
2. Kentucky (they were a top 15 team in 2018)
3. South Carolina (we have dominated them the past few years)
4. Indiana (essentially the same team that is now a top 10 team this year)

Few of his recruits are producing now.

Reactions: cd12

VN Store

Back