The reason we land all of these players that noone would figure we would...

you can read it from the player's quotes. They don't say I love CPF, they say I love the coaches. And about have of them say "I've really gotten to know Trooper Taylor. We are like family."

you can read it from the player's quotes. They don't say I love CPF, they say I love the coaches. And about have of them say "I've really gotten to know Trooper Taylor. We are like family."

You might recall that Fulmer and company were one of the best recruiting staffs in that nation long before Trooper Taylor ever arrived in Knoxville. He certainly helps, but its not like he is the only thing the Vols have going for them.

Fulmer goes and eats with the kids, and has cookoffs with the parents. All of his recruiting revolves around food, what's not to like about that? Dead lock for our next coach, to take us to the next level... Emeril. BAM!

You say it's Fulmer, but I'm afraid Fulmer is not the same recruiter he used to be, Troop is the recruiter Fulmer used to be.

btw I am not anti-Fulmer I am neutral when it comes to him head coaching, so I don't "hate to admit it."

Troop is a motivator and a recruiter. Whether he can call plays teach QBs, the O-line and read defenses is quite another question.

Trooper gets recruits in the door at times, Fulmer seals the deal.

Creer's comments are more direct because TT was his main recruiter. TT is also credited for Donald, Berry, Rolando, and McKenzie.

And I would say Fulmer did most of the recruiting for Donald and Berry - not much getting in the door needed here.

An assistant coach is not more if a reason for successful recruiting than Fulmer. He may help, but we do send players to the NFL, and get a lot of TV time, but don't think the Head Coach doesn't have a LOT to do with it.

I think it's also noteworthy that the main reason many are surprised about the quality of our class is that our recruiting class last year was so average. Trooper Taylor was involved in that 2005/2006's recruitment just as much as he was in 2006/2007.

Fulmer goes and eats with the kids, and has cookoffs with the parents. All of his recruiting revolves around food, what's not to like about that? Dead lock for our next coach, to take us to the next level... Emeril. BAM!

:lolabove:

VN Store

Back