The purge begins......

robbymoore94

This could be pretty detrimental to talent rich teams such as Alabama. If a talented kid does not get to play because the people in front of him are better, that does not mean that kid is not talented. Now, they can go somewhere else and try to earn playing time, better their draft stock, and better their skill set. Not all marriages work out, sometimes things just do not fit.

BAMA-DAWG

Defense wins championships.....
Sometimes it's a good thing when a kid transfers. Being told you're the best since you were seven years old, then falling behind the curve when you get to the top level, can mess up a 20 year old's thinking. A fresh start will sometimes do a kid good and give him another chance to accomplish his dream.

DeepSpringsVol

Getting to prominence will take time.
In a way he was as Fuente chose the other QB. Frankly, I think Hooker success at Tennessee was a big reason Va Tech fired him.
I was thinking about that today. At wonder if people saw how Hooker blossomed and that was the Final straw for Fuente that he missed his potential

BUBear

Football On The Brazos
The portal is full of gems if you know what your looking for. Two of Baylor's starting OL this season came through the portal. Went from one of the worst OLs last season to one of the best this season.

zjcvols

WE ARE THOSE MF’ERS (BRAVES 2021 WS CHAMPS)
Staff member
If I see any of you complain about kids transferring and them “being quitters” and “kids aren’t loyal anymore” and “these kids are soft they won’t handle tough situations” after Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly bolted I’m banning you for a week

MiramarVol

Sanctified Vol
If I see any of you complain about kids transferring and them “being quitters” and “kids aren’t loyal anymore” and “these kids are soft they won’t handle tough situations” after Lincoln Riley and Brian Kelly bolted I’m banning you for a week
These coaches don't think of their starts and the staffs family. Especially those who won't be joining them.at the next step. Now, they went from employment to looking for a job elsewhere. They have to feed their families also.

wmcovol

There’s a difference in declaring at the end of the season and after the 6th game. Hopefully you can understand that.

BeardedVol

Not-Well-Known Member
There is also a difference between a coach declaring and a player declaring even at the end of the season. And actually, the season is not over for Notre Dame nor for OU.
Ugh...the season for both teams is actually over.

Bowl games are post-season games, and neither are playing in conference championships this coming weekend.

CAVPUT

1979/2022
It's a bit of a paradox. If a kid is a "competitor", he's going to fight for the playing time. If he goes into the portal, he's a "quitter". Yet we're looking for help from the "quitter" pool. o_O

05_never_again

It's a bit of a paradox. If a kid is a "competitor", he's going to fight for the playing time. If he goes into the portal, he's a "quitter". Yet we're looking for help from the "quitter" pool. o_O
Not every kid in the portal is the same. Some of the kids in the portal are petulant quitters whose best option is probably staying at their current school, they are having a knee-jerk reaction to not getting instant playing time, and have an attitude that you don't necessarily want on your team. Others are legitimately blocked, or not in a great situation, and want another opportunity to fight for playing time.

You just have to take each individual you recruit in the portal on a case-by-case basis.

BeardedVol

Not-Well-Known Member
If Michigan or OSU loses Saturday Notre Dame is in the playoff how is there season over
Which would still be a post-season game, and one that Kelly obviously doesn't think ND has much of a chance of getting selected for after Saturday.

At the moment ND's season is effectively over barring a possible combination of other team's conference championship games on Saturday.

gohogs14

The portal is full of gems if you know what your looking for. Two of Baylor's starting OL this season came through the portal. Went from one of the worst OLs last season to one of the best this season.

If you can hit on around 2/5 out of the portal you're doing pretty good. We got a DE from Missouri (who was going to Houston) and a DT from Illinois State who really helped out our DL this year. On the other hand we've gotten highly ranked transfers from Clemson and Oklahoma who didn't contribute much. Also got a DB from Penn State who started for them but only played special teams for us. Sometimes you can never tell, just because they're a big name or former 5* doesn't always mean they will be the better take.

VN Store