The Punisher - Netflix

Great show. I hope John Bernthal gets his due credit one day for his acting ability.

Go watch Fury then come back and watch him in Punisher. Incredible.

Just finished the season. I thought it was great. It might even be the best out of all the netflix marvel series. If not it is neck and neck with DD.

I put it off for a while, but glad I watched it. I really enjoyed it.

I hope in the series to come we get a little more action per episode. Would like to see more punishing

Just finished today..loved it. Probably my favorite show after Hot. I agree with the other poster, JB is a great actor.

Season 2 coming in January; specific date not announced yet.

But we can also expect a week or 2 after that for them to announce it's cancelled.

Just read there is a clause in the contract that none of the characters in the shows can appear in any no-Netflix series for two years after cancellation.

Shame Bernthal only gets to play Frank Castle for such a brief moment.

Edit: .... Actually Punisher was not part of the original deal so doesn’t have the same clause. Fate remains uncertain. Although considering it existed along side the Defensers its hard to believe it wouldn’t just be lumped in.

Last edited:
i sit corrected. I just remember luke cage and iron fist comics and being like "who cares?" and I never cared much for daredevil either.

I didnt either. He is right about daredevil, though. Very good series...its not really a show like network stuff...its more like a plethora of 1 hour movies. Good acting all around, the villain is perfect, it has that 1 guy that annoys the absolute crap out of you...which means he is well done also. I reluctantly started the show because i have liked every thing yall recommended in the netflix thread when i asked. 3 or 4 episodes in I was hooked and bomge watching missing needed sleep. I was pizzed when i found out they arent making any more seasons bc disney bought everything and is planning to release their own "netflix" type network. The actors were willing to keep going, but disney killed it.

Only problem i have with the entire 2 seasons is that it seems like somebody has to take the Lords name in vain once per episode. It is always completely unnecessary, seems forced, and adds nothing to the show or dialogue while making Christians uncomfortable or upset. Otherwise, a great show that i was sad to see end.

Just read there is a clause in the contract that none of the characters in the shows can appear in any no-Netflix series for two years after cancellation.

Shame Bernthal only gets to play Frank Castle for such a brief moment.

Edit: .... Actually Punisher was not part of the original deal so doesn’t have the same clause. Fate remains uncertain. Although considering it existed along side the Defensers its hard to believe it wouldn’t just be lumped in.

I think they can appear in MCU movies though; at least Daredevil can because Charlie Cox has in his contract that he would appear in an least 1 MCU movie. Having said that, I don't think they have time to put anything other than a cameo together. If the timing were better it would have been cool if they could have worked DD into a cameo in the new Spider-Man movie since they are pretty conncected historically in the comics.

I could see the actors sticking with the characters, because 2 years really isn't that long of a wait. And I wonder if that means 2 years of airing or if they can't even start production for 2 years, because if it's just airing then they could start production a good year before they went live with it.

EDIT: Just read that the MCU appearance was only valid while the shows were in production, and the cancellation clause overrides that. Still, I don't think 2 years is really that long considering it was 2 years between Seasons 2 and 3 of DD and JJ had a gap of over 2 years between seasons too.

Last edited:
All the reviews I read said it was a letdown... I’m 10 episodes in and think it’s been fantastic.

My only real complaint is Billy Russo’s constant temper tantrums.

Reactions: marcusluvsvols
6 episodes in on season 2. It's OK so far. Hoping it improves. Russo's character is definitely different from season 1. The whole ex-nazi now reformed preacher is a little confusing as to where he falls in the story line.

just saw this weekend that season 2 is out....can't wait to sit down and start watching.

VN Store

Back