The portal is now our friend

“We’re in the season right now, we'll do recruiting after the season – when it gets to recruiting time we can talk about recruiting.”

Reactions: BigOrangeTrain
I wonder if AR enters the portal if Heupel would go after him?

Forgive me I haven’t watched much of UFs games, but I got the impression he was more of a runner of the ball and not as much of a passer.

I’m admittedly short of knowledge of his skillset so please correct me or inform me.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
AR had some big stat games against lesser competition early (2 games) and developed a lot of hype. . His performances since then have not been stellar. Don’t buy in to the hype. He may or may not be the player many on here think he already is.

There’s some talent at LSU, Florida, and especially USC that has to see the playing time/fun style of ball we are presenting. Hell we have 3 Trojans on the roster that can vouch for that. This is the greatest Christmas present of all for Tennessee football. Gotta reel some big fish off these rosters now.
I would think that Velus and McGrath would be talking UT up big time to their former USC mates.

Forgive me I haven’t watched much of UFs games, but I got the impression he was more of a runner of the ball and not as much of a passer.

I’m admittedly short of knowledge of his skillset so please correct me or inform me.

He’s an incredible athlete. A much better runner than Hooker. Has a great arm, but you’re right, hasn’t become a great passer. I think Heupel could help him become one. He’d be special in this offense.

Time to poach with these jobs open:
Fla
LSU
USC
Va Tech
TCU
Tex Tech
Wash
Wash St

And Texas and Miami jobs aren’t exactly safe.
I'd have my eyes set on VA Tech kids and USC kids for sure. We have recent success from their program. Should be easy pickings with the referrals from Velus, Caleb, Hendon.

Reactions: HeadVol77
I wonder if AR enters the portal if Heupel would go after him?
I may be wrong and probably am, but my guess is that he and the CB from LSU, will be 2 of the bigger prizes from the transfer portal. I’m sure I’m overlooking someone though.
GBO!!

I would love to see us go after CB - Eli Ricks from LSU. Would be a great get as we will lose some depth due to Graduation/Draft…

Also interested in WR - Mycah Pittman from Oregon, he would do great things in this offense, maybe could help being closer to his brother being in Indy.

Reactions: LTVol
We need to use half this class on transfers. I'm also thrilled that Richardson seems to have decided to move on from UF. I think he'd be superb in this offense if Hooker doesn't return.
If Richardson is transferring, he is wanting to start somewhere

Not in the portal, but hasn't played this year. Injured last season. Curious if anyone knows anything...........
Solid prospect out of Memphis in 2019

VN Store

Back