The players quit this year

Half the team was injured. I guess you are saying they got injured so they would not have to play?

Edited to add: I was shocked at how many of should have been senior starters were in sweats (hurt) and then when they ran through the T, more players in sweats (hurt) than dressed.

Reactions: 2 people
Leadership is coming from true Freshman and redshirt Freshmen. Leadership should have come from upperclassmen. Some would be leaders were hurt. Others have never really stepped up to the plate.

Everyone is not meant to be a leader. I get that. But when leaders are underclassmen that normally is a problem.

Reactions: 1 person
They may not have officially quit but I haven’t seen a worse group of dlinemen and linebackers outside of a good high school team

And I don't look at it as so much players quitting but more along the lines of players being beat down as the season progressed -

- beat down by the injuries that never allowed consistency among the starters
- beat down by the constant negativity even from the fans that are suppose to support them
- beat down by the rumors and crazy discussion
- beat down by the media that asked then leading questions to try to divide them from the coaches

Eventually it all wears on you. You see a half filled stadium with many that are not really into the game. You try to get them up to no avail. Eventually even the best player or most adamant coach starts thinking ... why bother. There is a lot more that has to change besides the coaching.

Half the team was injured. I guess you are saying they got injured so they would not have to play?

Edited to add: I was shocked at how many of should have been senior starters were in sweats (hurt) and then when they ran through the T, more players in sweats (hurt) than dressed.

About 55 scholarship players dressed out. That gives an idea of how many are injured or left the program.

Do you feel motivated when your fans are idiots and boo you?

The same "idiots" that show up in a monsoon to watch the team get their asses kicked? The same idiots that show up to watch you get beat by little brother for the second year in a row and watch you make history with your 8th loss?

Do you feel motivated when your fans are idiots and boo you?

I hate to be the one to tell you but this team deserved to be bood at. They are all time bad ! That is part of life when you dont do your job or meet expectations someone is going to express their displeasure in some way. When you are big time athletes you get bood . This team is soft both in body and in mind and that showed its self as the season progressed or regressed however you want to say it

They quit last year too. It took Sheriron Jones calling the team out on the sidelines to get a spark. There haven’t been leaders on the team for a long time and it shows.

VN Store

Back