The Pembroke Postgame Report-Choke Edition

Not that one. There was one earlier where Tyler was on his heals and looked to be waiting for the ball to hit him in the stomach rather than reaching out and catching the ball on the block. In traffic, you have to "catch" the ball, otherwise, it's a turnover more often than not.

cotton and I are talking about the same one. The inbounds pass at the end of the game. That is the kind of show-offishness that JP exhibits constantly and it has no place at the end of a close game in a conference tournament final.

Dear Tyler Smith,

Please go pro.

Sincerely,

Vol fans with intelligence

Dear Tyler Smith,

Please go pro.

Sincerely,

Vol fans with intelligence

You can have the opinion that you think Tyler Smith is overrated. You can even hold the opinion that you think he hurts the team at times. But if you are claiming the opinion that we will replace Tyler Smith with somebody better next season then you are very sorely mistaken.

cotton and I are talking about the same one. The inbounds pass at the end of the game. That is the kind of show-offishness that JP exhibits constantly and it has no place at the end of a close game in a conference tournament final.

For all we know JP did exactly what Pearl drew up. The defender was breaking the wrong way on the throw in, then made an incredible move back to catch the ball in front on Tyler. I watched the play several times, and it didn't look like show-offishness to me.

There are plenty of other bone-headed plays to look at for JP.

For all we know JP did exactly what Pearl drew up. The defender was breaking the wrong way on the throw in, then made an incredible move back to catch the ball in front on Tyler. I watched the play several times, and it didn't look like show-offishness to me.

There are plenty of other bone-headed plays to look at for JP.

He was trying to make the highlight pass rather than the smart pass. If Pearl drew it up then it's on him. Either way, one of them is an idiot.

He was trying to make the highlight pass rather than the smart pass. If Pearl drew it up then it's on him. Either way, one of them is an idiot.

If the coach draws up a play designed for the ball to be passed to Smith on the block and there is a guy standing in the way, trying to pass it through the defender is still the passer's fault, not the coach's.

eh, that game was extremely frustrating, but it was how they've played all year. inconsistent shooting, couldn't get a bucket underneath, Prince did his usual bone headed plays....that guy....is there a more frustrating player on our roster? one minute i think 'wow, look at this guy'....the next......i'm just praying he can make a pass w/out causing a turnover.

i thought smith forced too much, and defensively we made, as a team, a bunch of really bad decisions that resulted in fouls.

i'm not one to call out refs, but i don't think there's going to be any argument, the refs were awful, on both sides......

offensively, just struggled to do anything....

just a poor performance all around, and it sucked that it came with a title on the line.

Yea and your point? Who has NBA talent? Not Smith! After watching this game I would say Vanardo all the way. I would take Vanardo over Smith any day.

I had heard he - Varnado - has somethng like 166 blocked shots which puts him ahead of most of all other D1 Schools in the same time frame, not just single player stats, but whole teams.

are you serious? you think we get better without Tyler?

He looked like he was very leg weary in the final and was having a lot of difficulty getting by Varnado. What TS (stands for other things too doesn't it?) needs to do is not go anywhere but should work on his shots and conditioning.

VN Store

Back