THE PASSAGE on Fox in January

bignewt

The Scoffer Kid
Lab Rat
Did anybody else read the trilogy? I read the first one I know can't remember if I read the second one. I know the first book was great it was a great epic tale, kinda had some stereotypical elements but had some Stephen King "The Stand" to it. Don't have high hopes since its on network TV but I may give it a whirl.

Reactions: dduncan4163
Did anybody else read the trilogy? I read the first one I know can't remember if I read the second one. I know the first book was great it was a great epic tale, kinda had some stereotypical elements but had some Stephen King "The Stand" to it. Don't have high hopes since its on network TV but I may give it a whirl.
Yup I've read the trilogy and loved them. City Of Mirrors was actually my favorite of the three. The ending was really satisfying

You owe it to yourself to finish the trilogy

That looks like it could be a pretty good show. Mark Paul Gosslar has turned out to be a pretty decent actor. Hopefully this show lasts a while for him.

Im picking up The Twelve today to see if I remembe reading it, if not I will dive in.
Just wait to you get to the City of the Redeyes.

Hell I may have to reread the trilogy. It was such an epic story in depth and scope. Close to a thousand years by the time you finish it.

That looks like it could be a pretty good show. Mark Paul Gosslar has turned out to be a pretty decent actor. Hopefully this show lasts a while for him.
I wish HBO or Netflix would have done the series. I doubt Fox will do the novels justice

Reactions: bignewt
This show is pretty good so far. They’ve given it a great creepy vibe.

I really enjoy it so far. In fact, quite a bit of the differences from the books have been very well done. Which is definitely a rarity. I do have major concerns about the show’s ability to last though.

I'm wondering if the average person watching this show realizes that the majority of the story takes place 100+ years in the future and it's mostly with a totally different set of characters than what we've seen so far. I only ask cause I remember being pretty frustrated and considered not finishing the book when it jumped forward in the middle of the first one. I see this transition being a pretty big hiccup for the show.

I also agree with the earlier poster and wish HBO or Netflix would've done it but oh well...

Last edited:
eh, i didn't think it was that great. not bad. but i'm not surprised it's not coming back either Zach wasn't very good in it.

Actually a huge amount if story left to tell but it was doomed went it went to a network.
Didn’t read the books but on the show they skipped ahead to an unclear end...as if they anticipated being cancelled.

Didn’t read the books but on the show they skipped ahead to an unclear end...as if they anticipated being cancelled.
I never watched the last two. The books were well written but pretty cliche. The scope of the story of so many years was the best part about it.

VN Store

Back