The Overthrows (Game Film)

Put Bailey in and be done with it. Milton or Hooker aren't good enough runners to beat SEC defenses on a consistent basis, and their passing leaves a lot to be desired (especially Milton). With Bailey, at least you have a QB who can get the ball to wide open receivers. We win that game Saturday if Bailey is playing.
Like the thoughts...Let's put HB in and see what happens. Could it be better, don't know because we haven't tried. Could it be worse, well if it is then I think we all will finally figure out this season.

He had four turnovers in 68 pass attempts - 2 INTs and 2 fumbles, with another fumble saved by Darnell Wright. Bailey turned it over plenty and his primary passing skill seemed to be the checkdown to a wide open RB or TE. He also consistently held onto the ball too long and took 10 sacks in the last 3 games (that's a sack for every 4.5 pass attempts if you're counting at home).
Now wise guy look at the collect stats for our two mobile qbs through two games and tell me which is worse ?

Reactions: mpfvol
Now wise guy look at the collect stats for our two mobile qbs through two games and tell me which is worse ?
Here i will make it easy, together milton and hooker have been sacked 7 times with 5 turnovers.... against BG and Pitt. Lol you really wanna compare that to Florida, A&M, ?

It looked like even the WR's were flabbergasted. WTF is wrong with this guy?
We don't have one WR that can run fast enough to catch up with his arm. He just does not seem to have a touch for the long throws. It all or nothing.

Here i will make it easy, together milton and hooker have been sacked 7 times with 5 turnovers.... against BG and Pitt. Lol you really wanna compare that to Florida, A&M, ?
None of the three have taken care of the ball at UT. Hooker at least has a history of taking care of the ball as QB of a P5 team. He was also instrumental in putting up a lot of points, which HB has not really shown much at all in that category. He looked good for one drive against A&M, but mostly looked like a deer in headlights the rest of the game before he got benched. I don't have anything against Bailey and would be thrilled if he came in and played great, but I can't understand why some are convinced they know more than the coaches that see him play every day.

Look at the stats, a good qb takes what the defense give him. See Hookers play vs Milton. I did like Hooker and think he will take over if they arent stuck on Milton

None of the three have taken care of the ball at UT. Hooker at least has a history of taking care of the ball as QB of a P5 team. He was also instrumental in putting up a lot of points, which HB has not really shown much at all in that category. He looked good for one drive against A&M, but mostly looked like a deer in headlights the rest of the game before he got benched. I don't have anything against Bailey and would be thrilled if he came in and played great, but I can't understand why some are convinced they know more than the coaches that see him play every day.

Why do you think you know more?? Bailey has not played!

Because we all know he can hit wide open WRs. He was better than JG last year and he is Better than Milton this year he starts against BG UT scores 45 plus I think and he makes those passes in the pitt game. Fans arent enamored with HB we just know what we see and what the stats say. HB is better than Milton.

Also I would also expect HB to make mistakes as a true freshman. Its not as easy to forgive a guy whos been around a while see JG. That offense last year was terrible. Bailey did some good things and he should certainly grow. He may be taking a rs. Possibly to transfer or possibly he is being groomed to be The Guy. We won't know that until the season is over. If he transfers then he was told he wouldn't play. If he doesn't then the number 2 scenario is likely

Part of a qb's job is to not turn the ball over. Get the ball to the guys who are more capable of making plays. Turning it over is never acceptable. Hooker should get #1 reps all week, he earned it. Now take care of the ball and lets roll

Reactions: Proud Army Wife
Practice practice practice. Steph Curry wasn't born shooting 3 pointers he practiced and worked on his craft
Yes steph curry practiced all his life but he is also a natural and has the “it” factor. If all it took was practice then everyone could be Steph Curry if they spend ever hour practicing. Milton, like JG, doesn’t have it. Our offense flowed much better with Hooker. Maybe he doesn’t have the deep ball but at this point neither does Milton.

Also I would also expect HB to make mistakes as a true freshman. Its not as easy to forgive a guy whos been around a while see JG. That offense last year was terrible. Bailey did some good things and he should certainly grow. He may be taking a rs. Possibly to transfer or possibly he is being groomed to be The Guy. We won't know that until the season is over. If he transfers then he was told he wouldn't play. If he doesn't then the number 2 scenario is likely

I agree with your points about Bailey being a FR and having a lot of good things to build on. I liked that he went through his progressions and found his check down most of the time. Hopefully, he can speed up his processing speed this year and going forward. His deep throws need a lot of work as well. Check out the short video of all his throws against UF. He threw four deep balls and they were all overthrown with one of them hitting a UF DB directly in the hands.

I'm also in full agreement with most rational fans that never want to see Milton take another snap. I was not a fan of Milton starting even before we saw him lay his first egg against Bowling Green. I thought Hooker showed some really good things in the Pitt game. If he can eliminate the turnovers (which haven't been a problem for him in the past), I think he can be pretty good.

I agree with your points about Bailey being a FR and having a lot of good things to build on. I liked that he went through his progressions and found his check down most of the time. Hopefully, he can speed up his processing speed this year and going forward. His deep throws need a lot of work as well. Check out the short video of all his throws against UF. He threw four deep balls and they were all overthrown with one of them hitting a UF DB directly in the hands.

I'm also in full agreement with most rational fans that never want to see Milton take another snap. I was not a fan of Milton starting even before we saw him lay his first egg against Bowling Green. I thought Hooker showed some really good things in the Pitt game. If he can eliminate the turnovers (which haven't been a problem for him in the past), I think he can be pretty good.

Yes HB needed work. Not many True Fr don't. But I do agree about Hooker for now. If he takes care of the ball I like his game

Because we all know he can hit wide open WRs. He was better than JG last year and he is Better than Milton this year he starts against BG UT scores 45 plus I think and he makes those passes in the pitt game. Fans arent enamored with HB we just know what we see and what the stats say. HB is better than Milton.

I don't know about your first line, but agree he's better than JG and Milton. Bailey missed quite a few open receivers when he threw intermediate and deep balls last year.

Why do you think you know more?? Bailey has not played!
I never claimed to know more. That's why I defer to the coaches who see him play every day. I saw mostly below average play from Bailey last year, though I acknowledge he was a true FR and Beldar was his coach. I heard he looked good in the Spring game, but Roy Olasimbo would have been a three-time Heisman RB if Spring games were a good indicator of in-season performance.

This video shows me that Bailey did a decent job as a True Fr. Our OL looked bad, several olays in there. But also proves is arms strength is adequate. But I agree he needs to get better. If hes not working towards that then he isnt the guy, im betting he is though. Several of the swing passes the wr has to make a move and beat 1 one 1. I would also state that he may not have had a lot of reps either. But he has tools to work with. Oh and ole boy can tun a little, but he is a pass first guy.

Someone in another forum pointed out the Pitt bench laughing at overthrow #5. Safe to say there isn't much respect for Milton's deep ball.

VN Store

Back