The Outer Worlds

Jack Burton

We’re gonna melt faces, like in Raiders
I told Felix I wouldn’t kill a whole town, but then I killed a whole town.

Is this game fun ?

It’s good but not great. It’s a combo of the Fallout New Vegas faction quests set in space, and the aesthetic of Bioshock. There are a lot of options when in dialogue so many different ways to finish a quest. Combat has a time slowing device like VATS in Fallout.

The downside is the tasks are mostly fetch quests. Areas to explore are small and a bit linear. Story was somewhat interesting I guess but none of the factions really stood out as one I’d like to join. Worth playing if you like a smaller scope Fallout style game.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
It's a small game. Less than 20 hours of gameplay. Feel like I did everything I could too, besides just straight monotony.

Fights are super easy.
No negatives to being bad. You can shoot up towns with no draw backs. Making some missions incredibly easy if you have pre killed all the guards, or had to kill them froma previous mission.

Interesting plot, not deep enough to realize it. Honestly feels like half a game.

They also dont do a good of tying side quests to the main ones, so you can still do side quests for a faction after being at war with them, essentially.

Followers offer nothing unique but dialogue and maybe one skill or two.

Reactions: Jack Burton
It's a small game. Less than 20 hours of gameplay. Feel like I did everything I could too, besides just straight monotony.

Fights are super easy.
No negatives to being bad. You can shoot up towns with no draw backs. Making some missions incredibly easy if you have pre killed all the guards, or had to kill them froma previous mission.

Interesting plot, not deep enough to realize it. Honestly feels like half a game.

They also dont do a good of tying side quests to the main ones, so you can still do side quests for a faction after being at war with them, essentially.

Followers offer nothing unique but dialogue and maybe one skill or two.

I agree with a lot of this. It could be the start of a nice set of games in a new universe, but they need larger worlds and more interesting story. I like to explore and “stumble upon” quests and story like in New Vegas but this really didn’t have enough of that.

I really wanted to jettison Felix out of the airlock if I had an airlock.

Keep thinking of diving into this one but haven't pulled the trigger yet. Looks intriguing.

Reactions: BigOrangeAl 1979
I agree with a lot of this. It could be the start of a nice set of games in a new universe, but they need larger worlds and more interesting story. I like to explore and “stumble upon” quests and story like in New Vegas but this really didn’t have enough of that.

I really wanted to jettison Felix out of the airlock if I had an airlock.
I didnt even take the full crew. Just the initial interactions were enough to say nope.

I thought you could kick them off the ship.

I didnt even take the full crew. Just the initial interactions were enough to say nope.

I thought you could kick them off the ship.

You can kick them off. I kept Felix to see how if he affected the story. Not much really.

VN Store

Back