The Oklahoma Exodus

LSU could have laid 80-90 points on you, easily. That would have been embarrassing. :cool:
I'm pretty glad they didn't lol

That was a team that was determined they were going to win it all and nobody was going to stop them. Even if they had faced OSU in the championship, I feel like the score would have been the same. I'm not sure anyone could have or would have done better than OU. Maybe a better score, yes, but not a win. Certainly not Oregon, Baylor or Utah. I did see an OU team that I love pretty much give up in the second quarter. However, I'm pretty sure anyone who played LSU this year was going to get smoked regardless of their record.

I'm pretty glad they didn't lol

That was a team that was determined they were going to win it all and nobody was going to stop them. Even if they had faced OSU in the championship, I feel like the score would have been the same. I'm not sure anyone could have or would have done better than OU. Maybe a better score, yes, but not a win. Certainly not Oregon, Baylor or Utah. I did see an OU team that I love pretty much give up in the second quarter. However, I'm pretty sure anyone who played LSU this year was going to get smoked regardless of their record.
Tell that to bama, war eagle, & the other ut. All 3 of those teams had opportunities but blew it. U need a little luck along the way to do what they did. Idk what was wrong with OU but LSU knew they would beat them down after their 1st practice the week of that game. Miss st. who were not even a mid-teir SEC program put up a better fight.

Reactions: MadWorld
Tell that to bama, war eagle, & the other ut. All 3 of those teams had opportunities but blew it. U need a little luck along the way to do what they did. Idk what was wrong with OU but LSU knew they would beat them down after their 1st practice the week of that game. Miss st. who were not even a mid-teir SEC program put up a better fight.
OU was fairly one dimensional in their offense this year. Short passes and when that shut down, Hurts was scrambling for yards (which he did very well). We were not a traditional OU team that had a QB who could thread a needle at 40 yards like Mayfield or Murray.

Shut down the short passes and clog up the running lanes and our offense was dead. Hurts was good enough to get us into that game, but not good enough with deep passes to get to Ceedee and Rambo down field where they excelled. LSU had great defensive planning in taking both those options off the table.

Two immediately come to mind to replace Lamb. Rambo and Haselwood. Rambo already had almost 750 yards receiving last year and barring injury, will easily go over 1,000. The guy is fast and slippery making you break ankles trying to keep up with him.

Haselwood is a 5 star that is already averaging over 14 yards per catch and now has a season under his belt. He's poised for a breakout year and we have a pair of gunslingers at QB that can help him get wild deep down field.

Most don't realize we're bringing back significant production on offense to include nearly every one of the Offensive Linemen and a lot of our other players were young this year. They have nowhere to go but up. We will be "breaking in" a new QB either a red shirt freshman or sophomore depending on who gets the nod. But being that Lincoln Riley is probably the best QB coach in the nation, I'm not too worried about it. Tight end is still a question as well, but that's a position we don't use as much as other teams and will likely be Stogner starting and he's already shown he'll be fine at that position.
Well its a good thing we bring back 2 CB's who will be in their 3rd yr starting and will both most likey be in the ALL-SEC conversation. We lose our top 3 defenders but we return 8 out of the 11 starters from the #23 defense in the country. Also happened to be 1 of the youngest defenses in the country so we also return every backup, and add 7 four star freshman defenders. We will have 1 of the top SEC defenses next season. If OU wins it will most likely be because of our QB play. We honestly are decent to really good at every position on the field until u get to Qb. We have 6 options going into spring practice. The ole' saying is " if u got 2 Qb's then u don't have 1". If we can even get above avg qb play OU will be in for a war. The only bet is this is going to be a really intense game. Best of luck GBFO🍊🍊🍊

Well its a good thing we bring back 2 CB's who will be in their 3rd yr starting and will both most likey be in the ALL-SEC conversation. We lose our top 3 defenders but we return 8 out of the 11 starters from the #23 defense in the country. Also happened to be 1 of the youngest defenses in the country so we also return every backup, and add 7 four star freshman defenders. We will have 1 of the top SEC defenses next season. If OU wins it will most likely be because of our QB play. We honestly are decent to really good at every position on the field until u get to Qb. We have 6 options going into spring practice. The ole' saying is " if u got 2 Qb's then u don't have 1". If we can even get above avg qb play OU will be in for a war. The only bet is this is going to be a really intense game. Best of luck GBFO🍊🍊🍊
And it's a good thing we finally have a QB who can toss for more than 15 yards. Both Rattler and Mordecai have the potential to be great passers as well as good scramblers. The new recruit Chandler Morris is an unknown, but OU set their sights on him early on and passed on Card and King out of Texas for some reason. I have no doubt in Lincoln Riley's ability to evaluate QBs and coach them up so he's probably going to be a good backup as well.

Tennessee's defense is what kept them in that bowl game. If you're bringing a lot back, it certainly will be a good test for our 2020 season.

And it's a good thing we finally have a QB who can toss for more than 15 yards. Both Rattler and Mordecai have the potential to be great passers as well as good scramblers. The new recruit Chandler Morris is an unknown, but OU set their sights on him early on and passed on Card and King out of Texas for some reason. I have no doubt in Lincoln Riley's ability to evaluate QBs and coach them up so he's probably going to be a good backup as well.

Tennessee's defense is what kept them in that bowl game. If you're bringing a lot back, it certainly will be a good test for our 2020 season.
We have a 5 star qb but he hasnt played a down so we dnt know what he will or wont do. He could be the second coming of Peyton, he could be a complete bust, or he could fall somewhere in the middle. All i know is in the state of GA he put up numbers comparable to Watson, Lawrence, & Fromm. Our oline is the most talented group on the team. We possibly could be starting 4 five star recruits with multiple starts under their belts and a 6th yr senior at center. Our wr's are talented but unknown. We have 3 backs who are capable of hitting the century mark in any game. ST's we are as good as anybody at kicker, punter and returning. I expect our defense to be a top 10 defense in the country next season. As a whole we lost 7 seniors who actually contributed only 6 were starters (3 defense, 3 offense). Most of the team was thrown to the wolves so early that next years team will be made up of soph and juniors with a ton of playing experience in some of the toughest SEC venues. Bailey may be the only freshman we have to rely on which would make this one of the more complete teams we have had in years. With what we have returning, the recruits we brought in, and the additions of (Cade Mays*, DeAngelo Gibbs, Emmitt Gooden,Brandon Johnson,Velus Jones) we have double digit win talent. The only question on "The Hill" is who is going to be the QB?????

Reactions: Big Al Orange
We have a 5 star qb but he hasnt played a down so we dnt know what he will or wont do. He could be the second coming of Peyton, he could be a complete bust, or he could fall somewhere in the middle. All i know is in the state of GA he put up numbers comparable to Watson, Lawrence, & Fromm. Our oline is the most talented group on the team. We possibly could be starting 4 five star recruits with multiple starts under their belts and a 6th yr senior at center. Our wr's are talented but unknown. We have 3 backs who are capable of hitting the century mark in any game. ST's we are as good as anybody at kicker, punter and returning. I expect our defense to be a top 10 defense in the country next season. As a whole we lost 7 seniors who actually contributed only 6 were starters (3 defense, 3 offense). Most of the team was thrown to the wolves so early that next years team will be made up of soph and juniors with a ton of playing experience in some of the toughest SEC venues. Bailey may be the only freshman we have to rely on which would make this one of the more complete teams we have had in years. With what we have returning, the recruits we brought in, and the additions of (Cade Mays*, DeAngelo Gibbs, Emmitt Gooden,Brandon Johnson,Velus Jones) we have double digit win talent. The only question on "The Hill" is who is going to be the QB?????
I guess we've been lucky in the fact we've always had a good QB in the starting position and haven't had the "problem" of having doubts over the starter. I mean, Trevor Knight wasn't going to set the world on fire, but there really wasn't anyone behind him that was a stand out.

This year will be interesting for us given the fact we have a very limited time QB, either Rattler or Mordecai, that will be starting this year. I have little doubts in either one's ability and know they will do well since they have a good supporting cast around them.

Take the LSU Clemson game. Clemsons best DB played bad. What happened? He caught 9 for 221 and 2 TDs. I have seen plenty of examples of mediocre QB play yet teams win. Our 1998 NC year was a prime example.

People want to say Tee won the NC. Look at his numbers. He was average to below average. Trent Dilfer in 2000. Tom Brady last year. There are plenty of examples where QBs can play average to below average and still win. But what does it take? A really good supporting team.

Look at Aaron Rodgers. He should have had multiple SB wins by now. Why doesn’t he? He is as good as any QB we have seen in the past 20 years. His defense and OL has been bad.

What team can you honestly name that has had great QB play and bad TEAM play that has won at an elite level?

Also, there is zero proof that if JG was at LSU, Clemson or Bama he wouldn’t win a NC. We are just saying he can’t because of what he has done here. And what’s the common denominator? Those teams have talent we can’t even match.
I agree except playing in the big 12 with the lack of defense will make weak QB play amplified

It's that much more important in the sense that you can't have bad QB play and win at an elite level. One of your DBs can play bad and you can compensate, one of your OL can play bad, and you can compensate, etc. You can't do that with QB. You don't need a Burrow to win the NC, but you can't win with a JG either. So I kinda agree in part with some amendments.

Prior to Hurts, about all Saban wanted from his QB was to not turn the ball over. JG is pretty good at that, especially compared to Mauer, who has been really bad at throwing into coverage. With our OL, all JG may need to do is just complete an occasional 5-10 yd. pass and occasionally throw a deep ball away from coverage to stretch the D. We may be able to win with that. We won't win against good teams if we turn the ball over.

You could make the case that Alabama even with the Tua injury was the 2nd best team in the country. The point differential against LSU supports this opinion.

Reactions: 901 Orange
The point differential against LSU supports this opinion.

Tua played the whole game vs LSU.

btw - I can't give you a like for that post, because it's spreading Bama propaganda. (about being the 2nd best team, even though they were "clearly" 3rd in their own division) ;)

Tua played the whole game vs LSU.

btw - I can't give you a like for that post, because it's spreading Bama propaganda. (about being the 2nd best team, even though they were "clearly" 3rd in their own division) ;)
I’m not spreading Bama propaganda and never have been a fan. I just feel that in reality Bama could have beaten any other team in the country except LSU at the end of the year. LSU barely held off Alabama in their game.

Reactions: jlawso21
I just feel that in reality Bama could have beaten any other team in the country except LSU at the end of the year.

Auburn say's "hello?".

btw - I'm just messing with you. I know it would have been a far better game between Bama and LSU than the crap show OU put up.

Reactions: CR-vol
looking forward to the home/home. I was in Knoxville for the 2015 game. As a Sooner season ticket holder and long time fan I can assure you our D was dramatically improved last year. Our pRobles was depth and it reared it's ugly head vstart LSU. We had 4 starters out and a 5th kicked out for targeting. Not saying we could or would have won but at full D strength it would have been closer...more like the Clemson loss. Next fall we will return a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. Key losses will be CeeDee Lamb on offense and LB Kenneth Murray and DL Gallia on defense.Our entire offensive line returns as do our top 3 RB's. We are loaded at WR, TE, & H-back. The key on October will be at QB. Rattler & Mordecai are both very talented. Most give the edge to Rattler. On defense they key will be the front 7 and how we improve overall in the 2nd year of our new scheme. We have adied 2 new assistant coaches, one on each side of the ball. We have a patsy opener before the VOLS come to town. If Rattler is as advertised we should be better than last year.

looking forward to the home/home. I was in Knoxville for the 2015 game. As a Sooner season ticket holder and long time fan I can assure you our D was dramatically improved last year. Our pRobles was depth and it reared it's ugly head vstart LSU. We had 4 starters out and a 5th kicked out for targeting. Not saying we could or would have won but at full D strength it would have been closer...more like the Clemson loss. Next fall we will return a lot of starters on both sides of the ball. Key losses will be CeeDee Lamb on offense and LB Kenneth Murray and DL Gallia on defense.Our entire offensive line returns as do our top 3 RB's. We are loaded at WR, TE, & H-back. The key on October will be at QB. Rattler & Mordecai are both very talented. Most give the edge to Rattler. On defense they key will be the front 7 and how we improve overall in the 2nd year of our new scheme. We have adied 2 new assistant coaches, one on each side of the ball. We have a patsy opener before the VOLS come to town. If Rattler is as advertised we should be better than last year.
Regardless of your expectations the Sooners are going down against the Vols. Ratter, even if good as advertised will have trouble completing passes when he is on his back all day long.

Rattler will be in his 2nd game as our starter when the VOLS come to Norman. The last time an OU QB started his 2nd game was also against the VOLS. Baker Mayfield walked out of Neyland Stadium a winner. We shall see.

I still think Mordecai has a shot. Rattler is all kinds of talents, but I'm hearing Mord has the offense down pat. 2 years in the system will do that.

I will say this, those defensive players really weren't going to change much in our LSU game. Nobody was stopping LSU's offense this year. Our Vol friends on here like to claim that since we were so horrible, the Playoff committee won't let us back in and put in some 2 loss team. Forgetting (or omitting) we scored more points than Clemson.

Anyway, our OL will be looking tough and I can't wait for Haselwood to have a breakout year.

I still think Mordecai has a shot. Rattler is all kinds of talents, but I'm hearing Mord has the offense down pat. 2 years in the system will do that.

I will say this, those defensive players really weren't going to change much in our LSU game. Nobody was stopping LSU's offense this year. Our Vol friends on here like to claim that since we were so horrible, the Playoff committee won't let us back in and put in some 2 loss team. Forgetting (or omitting) we scored more points than Clemson.

Anyway, our OL will be looking tough and I can't wait for Haselwood to have a breakout year.

What a ridiculous take ! Clemson was actually in the ballgame for the majority of the game, even led for a time. Boomer Sooner was never even close to being in the game after the first 5 mins, it was an overwhelming ass kicking. OU never led and never even gave the appearance of being capable of slowing down LSU. Trying to compare the two because of points is just completely homeristic and idiotic.

VN Store

Back