The Official Wake Forest @ Tennessee Fall Ball Game Thread (Sunday 10/9 1PM EST)

Seems the consensus here is the stadium will be packed. How confident are people about this? I would guess a good turnout and understand it is still a fairly small stadium, but was thinking about making a day trip up from Nashville area with kids and had not been worried about not being able to get in, etc.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Last edited:
That’s interesting. CTV texted Basilio last night to tell him that porches would be open but no coolers. I bet they will be open bc CTV usually gets his wishes. Plus, I think there will be over 4K people at LNS on Sunday.
The Tony Basilio Show
Who knows? We’ll find out Sunday.

FWIW, the porch’s seating isn’t fixed seating like the other seating in LNS. It’s similar to patio furniture that can move around. There’s a chance it’s in storage.

I’m also guessing on concessions they have a contract with someone and that Has to be fulfilled no matter what. Because I wondered why they wouldn’t let a high school team sell drinks or some snacks or something like that
It’s Aramark. They do use local nonprofits and groups some.

Who knows? We’ll find out Sunday.

FWIW, the porch’s seating isn’t fixed seating like the other seating in LNS. It’s similar to patio furniture that can move around. There’s a chance it’s in storage.
Yes. I assumed that they would be completely empty. Just a standing room only space. Great location for kids to get some HR balls. Hopefully it’s packed and they are needed.

I’m also guessing on concessions they have a contract with someone and that Has to be fulfilled no matter what. Because I wondered why they wouldn’t let a high school team sell drinks or some snacks or something like that
Aramark isn’t going to let anything like that happen!

This will be fun. Wake has a couple of nice players on their squad.
They have 2 pitchers and a 3rd basemen that are big time MLB prospects.
A chance to see possibly the 2 best pitching prospects in the 2023 draft, in Dollander and Lowder(Wake) !
GBO!!

Reactions: 3-2Count
This will be fun. Wake has a couple of nice players on their squad.
They have 2 pitchers and a 3rd basemen that are big time MLB prospects.
A chance to see possibly the 2 best pitching prospects in the 2023 draft, in Dollander and Lowder(Wake) !
GBO!!

Unfortunately WF’s top pitchers won’t be playing tomorrow due to resting arms due to long Summer League’s. UT will feast on Wake’s pitching.
Quotes from WF Head Coach Tom Walter from USA Today:
“Our top two pitchers won’t throw at all, really three of our top four won’t throw at all. Then our number three guy is only going to throw one inning, so we’re not really throwing our top four or five guys. I’m not sure what Tennessee is doing, either way is fine, of course, those guys have just been shut down because of high inning count and summer in the Cape or Team USA, etc. Then we’ve got a couple of guys out. We’ve got (Nick) Kurtz our first baseman’s out with a shoulder, he’ll be able to play a little defense, but he’s not going to be able to swing the bat. Then same thing with (Jake) Reinisch, who was kind of our full time DH last year, he’s out, so two of our bigger offensive pieces won’t be able to play either. I mean, obviously, we want to compete and get something out of this, but at the same time, we want to get a bunch of different guys in there and look at them in different situations and see how they react. It’s a good way for us to figure out kind of what we have.”

I'm guessing ours will be 1 inning for first 10 pitchers with a pitch count but unless they have a bad outing that won't matter. Then they will give some young guys 15 pitches each or one batter or something. 14 innings sounds like a lot but not for pitchers. If you throw your three starters and then Sewell, Kirby, Ethan, Zander and then the returnees that threw less than 10 innings and that does not count Joyce or any of the other new guys. I don't think Haverson is throwing full speed yet.
Fielding will be very interesting. You could see a different lineup each inning or 3 innings with one and then 3 innings with another then mix it up and add other guys in. I don't think you can count anything into the first 9 on the field being the starters for spring at this point.

For those going, please be sure to wish CTV a Happy Birthday! Better yet, someone should bring him a bday cake with 43 candles! GBO!
Its going to be a beautiful day for baseball!

My boys are pumped! My oldest already got a Tony V autograph and Rhett Lowder and Brock Wilken (wake top 20 prospects) autographs!
The little one got a ball from Jared Dickey so he’s pumped.
Now he’s stalking Chase Dollander and Chase Burns!😂
Perks of having a dad that’s best friends with Tony V.

My boys are pumped! My oldest already got a Tony V autograph and Rhett Lowder and Brock Wilken (wake top 20 prospects) autographs!
The little one got a ball from Jared Dickey so he’s pumped.
Now he’s stalking Chase Dollander and Chase Burns!😂
That’s AWESOME! Great day for the kids!

VN Store

Back