The Official Thread of Austin Peay State University Athletics

ESPN's Top 25 players in College Basketball

25. Terry Taylor, Austin Peay Governors

The reigning Ohio Valley Conference player of the year, Taylor has an excellent chance at defending his crown. Thus far this season, the 6-foot-5 senior has worn out opponents in every possible way. In fact, the last time we saw APSU's star, he was recording a 38-17 double-double in the Governors' three-point win at Eastern Illinois. Given that OVC POY winners in the past decade have included Kenneth Faried, Isaiah Canaan and Ja Morant, you should pay close attention to Taylor.

Reactions: peaygolf
@peaygolf

I really worry that this could lead to a major problem for the OVC. With two of the Top 5 leaving, would Murray, Peay, or Belmont entertain overtures from the SoCon? Or does the OVC try to stem the bleeding by trying to pick schools from the suddenly crumbling Southland Conference? They definitely wouldn't fit the geography, but the OVC has to do something.

@peaygolf

I really worry that this could lead to a major problem for the OVC. With two of the Top 5 leaving, would Murray, Peay, or Belmont entertain overtures from the SoCon? Or does the OVC try to stem the bleeding by trying to pick schools from the suddenly crumbling Southland Conference? They definitely wouldn't fit the geography, but the OVC has to do something.
Yep. They can easily get a couple new members for basketball, but football is going to be difficult. Going to need some D2 schools that want to move up.

West Alabama
Arkansas Tech
North Ga
KY State
Central Missouri
Carson Newman

With five games to go, Belmont has a two game lead over second place Morehead and a four game lead over third place EKU (whom they just beat). Belmont and Morehead play twice in the next 2 weeks, so we essentially have a two game series to determine the conference title.

@peaygolf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Morehead having to cancel last night's game, Belmont has officially clinched the regular season title and the #1 seed.

@peaygolf

Correct me if I'm wrong, but with Morehead having to cancel last night's game, Belmont has officially clinched the regular season title and the #1 seed.
It won't matter regardless, Belmont isn't losing 3 conference games.

Morehead will still play 20 conference games (they have 4 left vs 3 for Belmont).

It won't matter regardless, Belmont isn't losing 3 conference games.

Morehead will still play 20 conference games (they have 4 left vs 3 for Belmont).

Ah, I see they tacked one on for Monday. Either way, Belmont clinches by simply beating 3-win Tech.

VN Store

Back