The Official Thread of Austin Peay State University Athletics

Sad to see the Peay/Mu**ay game lost to money grabs.

top 10 rivalry in college sports.

Sad to see the Peay/Mu**ay game lost to money grabs.

top 10 rivalry in college sports.
Murray isn't long for the OVC. Even if they don't end up in the same conference, I'd think both schools would want to keep the rivalry alive.

Belmont to join Missouri Valley Conference in 2022, continuing drain from Ohio Valley Conference - CBSSports.com

This is a huge move for Belmont and a really tough blow for the OVC. With the losses of EKU, Jax St, APSU, and now Belmont, the OVC is in a world of hurt.

What's your take, @peaygolf ?
I've "heard" rumors of the demise of the OVC for several years. Losing Jacksonville St and Belmont doesn't bother me since they aren't original members, but EKU, APSU, and probably Mu**ay is disappointing.

The Mu**ay, Peay, and Belmont basketball games are always epic. Hate to lose those rivalries (especially Mu**ay)

Unfortunately, times change.

Does the death of the OVC make my OVC championship ring worth more??;)

Makes the most sense. At one time, TSU was trying to distance themselves from the traditional "HBCU" schools. Always thought that was a huge mistake.

Interestingly, a few other HBCUs have followed suit in recent years. Hampton and North Carolina A&T both left the MEAC for the Big South. With FAMU and Bethune-Cookman leaving for the SWAC, the MEAC doesn't look like a good option for TSU. If they're going to move it seems like the SWAC or the Big South would be the only sensible options.

Reactions: peaygolf
I've "heard" rumors of the demise of the OVC for several years. Losing Jacksonville St and Belmont doesn't bother me since they aren't original members, but EKU, APSU, and probably Mu**ay is disappointing.

The Mu**ay, Peay, and Belmont basketball games are always epic. Hate to lose those rivalries (especially Mu**ay)

Unfortunately, times change.

Does the death of the OVC make my OVC championship ring worth more??;)

I hope that Belmont will prioritize APSU in non-conference scheduling. While I don't think it will be a home-and-home set up like Lipscomb, I'd love to see Belmont vs. Austin Peay play every year.

Reactions: peaygolf
I hope that Belmont will prioritize APSU in non-conference scheduling. While I don't think it will be a home-and-home set up like Lipscomb, I'd love to see Belmont vs. Austin Peay play every year.
Peay better keep the home/home with the "Mules.

VN Store

Back