The Official Tennessee vs. Vanderbilt Game Thread, 3:45 PM ET, SEC Network

20 play drive? 20 plays? And what? About 4 fourth down conversions?

I mean, yeah, we will win the game, but man, this just looks like a lazy, sloppy win. We never did look really dominant (except Tillman—who is a man among boys).

Saban could have been talking about TN fans. We are thumping Vandy and you self absorbed jerks are still complaining. Immaturity at its best.
Vandy is kicking our Ds rear. This isn’t entitlement, this is a piss poor effort from the D. By the worst team in the SEC and they are running 20 play drives on us. It is correct to be disappointed in this. Not sure what’s self absorbed about the obvious?

Has been all season
No, this is different. Most teams we didn't out talent... we do in this game. Our secondary is awful. Better use these 15 practices to get our young actual talent up to speed because our safeties and Burrell are bad. We could get boat raced in the bowl game.

Reactions: GoVols64
I know its a bad night defensively, but overall, DC Banks has a lot of ground to make up. Need a D that can at least compliment the O.

I want to see what happens when Banks has a D that isn't just a bunch of "warm bodies"

That he's managed to put together a rag-tag buncha guys and help TN win 7 games is, frankly, amazing.....

Your philosophy is good on 1st and 2nd down but on 3rd and especially 4th down even NFL coaches bring pressure.
It's good on 3rd and 4th too. If you make them burn clock on 1st and 2nd, and then give up a bomb TD that got behind you on 3rd, it was all for nothing.

There is basically NO WAY Vandy scores two points per minute of game clock. UT is running the clock out on defense.

It's not all player faults when you have a defense that statistically is one of the best in TFL on mainly 1st & 2nd downs but then are one of the worst in the SEC on 3rd down defense. There's some scheme issues here

Ah. True. True.

Just kind of sad. I mean I just send the house on short yardage at least.
Yeah….I know there are issues with depth and talent…but I don’t understand why we don’t just press and bring numbers on the blitz. I’d rather see that and give up the big play sometimes that for teams to nickel and dime is the whole time.

Besides, we might force more licks and fumbles and sacks

Reactions: patrick

VN Store

Back