The Official Tennessee vs. UAB Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

I'm with you.

Now I'm ambivalent looking ahead.

I don't know whether to be happy we can not have our A game and still dominate a lesser team. Or worried our guys can't be consistent and will play down.

Only thing I'm certain of is, if Pruitt & Chaney's plan hasn't been to rest Brian Maurer for the last 3 SEC games, then we're in trouble.

I agree we cant win out with jg. The whole team plays better with maurer. Just look at the difference in ol play with jg in game, the fiery play is not there, jg drains all of this out

30 points when the defense gave you all the turnovers ? Not a good stat.

Have to play safer with jg. And some wonder why to with others, it's because we throw downfield much more with them. With jg it's usually safe conservative calls. And you cant beat decent teams playing that way, hence our record with jg

I feel sorry for all those fans who came to the game thinking they would for sure, finally, get to see Maurer or Shrout play.

Last edited:
Reactions: cgrish
Still on track for a bowl. After the disastrous start, I'm not going to complain -- much. Would be nice to have one of them there throwy-type guys. But. On track for a bowl. Good enough for today.

But the main player responsible for disastrous start is back playing qb. Continuing to do the same thing over and over. And expecting different results is insanity. I hope Pruitt can see jg does not give us the best chance to win, he is still late on throws and very inaccurate on downfield throws.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I hope Maurer is the guy next week. We should’ve put up 42+ tonight. KY is much more of a concern now. Defense gave the offense the ball all night and they squandered most of those opportunities.

But the main player responsible for disastrous start is back playing qb. Continuing to do the same thing over and over. And expecting different results is insanity. I hope Pruitt can see jg does not give us the best chance to win, he is still late on throws and very inaccurate on downfield throws.

Yes, it is hard to see what the plan is, but I will worry about that tomorrow. Beating a 6-1 team is good enough for me today.

Well let’s see. Pruitt isn’t letting him throw it and I, personally, don’t trust him to throw it either. So the argument holds water like a 5 gallon bucket Chief. Also add in his first throw of the game which should’ve been picked when he threw it back across his body, and another throw that should’ve easily been picked when he threw into to double coverage.

Also, hyperbole much? The last 3 years? Stop it. JG clearly ain’t the answer but Shrout while talented with a strong arm, certainly doesn’t looks like it yet either. It’s beyond clear that Maurer is the best QB on this roster, sure hope he’s healthy and Pruitt is just saving him for the 3 game stretch to end the season....we’re gonna badly need him.

We will never make bowl game with jg

Seen Peterson make a tackle. Was wondering earlier if crouch was hurt
Not long after that tackle, UAB called a timeout. Wife said I don't know who #6 is but I'll bet he's glad they called that timeout because he looks tired.
I laughed.

lol Kay.

We were on upset alert and we beat the spread by 10 points. But I'm sure they are super concerned they didn't beat your lofty expectations based on who knows what.
I guess I put to much stock in the Qb play last week. I certainly did not expect JG to play most of game coming off hand surgery a few days before and would have liked Shrout and Maurer to get most of the snaps. I believe the energy level of the team is much higher when JG is not playing.

I really don't buy these speculations that the players don't like JG. I heard the announcers last week saying CJP talked to JJ about playing QB and he said, it should be JG. They also mentioned that Trey Smith loves JG. Not during the game, just some of the chatting they do.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
cool pic.

EIakDRnWwAAb2sT

VN Store

Back