The Official Tennessee vs. UAB Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPNU

Some folks are on here acting like we lost by 23 points instead of won.

We played safer ball because it was UAB, keep Maurer out for a bigger game. JG made several mistakes but he certainly is more consistent now then he was at the start of the season, and this was with an injury.

It was a win, a good win and a needed win. We scored a lot on an opponent we should always score a lot on.

We did what we were supposed to do. Be happy about it

Bryce Thompson is MVP. Those turnovers helped with points with an offense that looked lethargic much of the night.

Will always look that way with jg, ol didnt play near as good with jg as usual. Dont know what it's going to take for Pruitt to see this, defense played well offense looked terrible

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Honestly, the team just didn't look like it had the energy or edge they had last week. Maybe it's fatigue. I'd hate to think they'd be taking UAB lightly after the GSU debacle, but something just seemed off tonight. Still, it's a win. The hope of a bowl game is still alive and we didn't have any serious injuries. All in all, a good win.
I'm with you.

Now I'm ambivalent looking ahead.

I don't know whether to be happy we can not have our A game and still dominate a lesser team. Or worried our guys can't be consistent and will play down.

Only thing I'm certain of is, if Pruitt & Chaney's plan hasn't been to rest Brian Maurer for the last 3 SEC games, then we're in trouble.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Offensive Line played like pure garbage tonight. Should have ran the ball at will against a team like UAB

Yeah very vanilla play-calling, and why no Maurer? I thought he was cleared to play.

Either his injury is more serious than we know or they wanted to get him one more week of rest before the home stretch. Personally, I think it's the latter. Kid has shown he's a bit fragile. I really think they wanted to try and get through this game without playing him. If so, mission accomplished, but I wonder how much rust he's going to have when he does return.

UK will be a tall order next week. They're going to be rested and ready.

Some folks are on here acting like we lost by 23 points instead of won.

We played safer ball because it was UAB, keep Maurer out for a bigger game. JG made several mistakes but he certainly is more consistent now then he was at the start of the season, and this was with an injury.

It was a win, a good win and a needed win. We scored a lot on an opponent we should always score a lot on.

We did what we were supposed to do. Be happy about it
Come on man-We would have scored 60 if the offense was any good. We were not holding back. We were just inept most of the time.

Hurr durr all the doofuses in here complaining we didn't score a billion points in a win when we couldn't even beat Georgia State to start the year.

Must be sad, your lives.

Reactions: Nerwen Aldarion
Come on man-We would have scored 60 if the offense was any good. We were not holding back. We were just inept most of the time.

Jg was same jg we have seen for bout 3 yrs now he only led us to 2 td, and with a short field because of our defense. If jg plays the rest of the games we probably will lose all of them, ol does not play as good with jg for whatever reason with jg, and if a person hasn't noticed that hopefully you will look at the games he is in for most of the game.

VN Store

Back