The Official Tennessee vs. Texas A&M Game Thread, 6:30 PM ET, SEC Network

I’m sorry, but this team is hot garbage. ZERO leadership. If Folky is our top scorer, we will not even sniff the NIT. JJJ is a complete bust at this point.

Have some pride, guys. Good grief that was pathetic.

Reactions: jeff1vol
It’s way too early to call JJJ a bust. Good Lord.
Wouldn’t be the first or last 5* not to live up to fan expectations. In terms of hyped Tennessee recruits I think he’ll end up be better than Hopson or Hubbs

I’m sorry, but this team is hot garbage. ZERO leadership. If Folky is our top scorer, we will not even sniff the NIT. JJJ is a complete bust at this point.

FOLKY

JJJ has been erratic as you’d expect most freshmen to be. But overall he’s not the main problem w this basketball team.

I really believe at this point Bowden is a much bigger disappointment and problem than JJJ. He seems to consistently start off 1 of 10 shooting, not to mention lazy passing and unforced turnovers.

Reactions: walkenvol

I accepted the talent drop from last season and knew we wouldn't be very good this year. My thought was 16-18 wins. Told my self that as long as the team battled, I'd support them win or lose.

Not sure what the deal was last night, but when you allow yourself to be obliterated on the glass, that is all about effort. Rebounding and defense don't have "off nights". Rebounding is all about "want to". We just didn't have the want to last night. Now, it might have been fatigue or maybe they were all satisfied with their showing vs KU. Don't know, but if what happened last night continues, I think this team will lose support.

Reactions: Tnphil and CA_Vol
I've wondered how he would look as a set shooter, I think he would benefit from having someone else create.

Maybe an off season program would help him with his conditioning and quickness. Right now he just seems slow for an SEC PG. Seems to drive into trouble then pick up his dribble. Just doesn't seem like he's sure about what he wants to do. I see him more akin to Lofton in that he's got the stroke, but seeing him handle the ball at point? Nah. Too bad JJ isn't the 5 star everyone had him pegged as...at least no yet.

The most troubling aspect of the loss to me is the Barnes response. "I ontno."
U still in air Rick?

Then enjoy yourself, because you look like a fool doing so this game. TAMU is garbage and we're at home. No excuse for playing this badly.

@Lankykong calling you a fool here was out of line and my emotions getting the best of me. I was frustrated by the lose. I apologize for the name-calling.

I re-watched the game and while I still am more upset at our play, I also believe this officiating crew should be at least reprimanded for how bad they were.

Reactions: VolGee4
Wouldn’t be the first or last 5* not to live up to fan expectations. In terms of hyped Tennessee recruits I think he’ll end up be better than Hopson or Hubbs
Let's hope that prediction is more accurate than your prediction for the game last night

VN Store

Back