The Official Tennessee vs. South Carolina Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I saw a SC team make adjustments by playing more aggressive and pressuring Hooker and it seems we didn’t match it.
We still have issues on some special teams and making timely adjustments, but we have made great strides since the Gator beat down.
I think our adjustment was. We were going to win. Lets not get anyone hurt.
We put up enough points in the 1st half to try and play the clock game and slow down....
Ole Miss still doesn't impress me... they're not stopping anyone from scoring...score right now is 52/45 with 6 secs... may as well 7-0
Fans need to be LOUD next week

Again how many players did we have out on D? And still only gave up technically 14 offensive points

So, my comments are on this game and not this game with different players.

Don't come back after a loss and say we really won because we would have if we had all of our players.

I think we knew we would win at mid way through the 2nd quarter and said let’s try and get this game over and be healthy next week. I think we also found out that we have another RB who can carry the mail. We have about 4 RBs we can trust as long as they are not injured. We have not throw the safety valve and my be saving that for the big guys. My one grow it concern is our Special Teams have not been so special the last 2 games. Need to clean it up this week.
Today’s game was never in jeopardy and I was pleased with the outcome. Let’s beat Ole Miss and be ready for Alabama and Georgia.

Last edited:
Took a quarter off and still scored more points on them than GA. Hehe Only 2 teams to score more than 17 on their defense.

Happy for the kids, happy for the coaches, but in these next four games, we’re gonna have to play a full game. Strap it up! Great job today Vols!!!

GBO!!!

Well, it sure beats the last few years where we play well the first half and go in with a 14-7 or 14-14 only to play badly the second half and have the final score be a 42-14 loss. I like this version of only playing two quarters better than past incarnations.

The game is closer than the score. Their turnovers and penalties really helped us. I still think we are the better team today.

I don't thing we will be so lucky on defense next week.

Like us, SC will get better with more talent depth, although I think we have the better staff.
And the Florida vs Vols score was closer than the score too. At the end of the day 4-2 baby

Happy for the kids, happy for the coaches, but in these next four games, we’re gonna have to play a full game. Strap it up! Great job today Vols!!!

GBO!!!

VN Store

Back