The Official Tennessee vs S. Miss Super Regional Game 1 Thread Sat. June 10 3PM EST ESPNU (Hattiesburg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not really…their official capacity is 4300. But they sell outfield tickets without seats that can get them over 6k.

They would be hedging the bet on either UT traveling well or the sentiment of the coach retiring. They have only had ONE Game over 6K in the history of the stadium.

Reactions: GenRRN
Does anybody think their numbers are a little bit inflated. I watch at least one or two games there last year and just wondering if they are counting this as butts in the seats or butts in the seats with the kids roam around in the free areas. Gate count is gate count with kids all over the place. They have a nice stadium all turf and infield as well.

There comes a point that it is the body of work and how you got to where you are at this point. Tennessee is hot and they have worked their way here.

The NCAA needs to figure this crap out and it should not be seeding A la carte' or rules as you go. We seem to get screwed when this happens.

Anybody that is bragging about their attendance they way that they are has got a "Fly in the Slaw".

No matter what location is chosen accept it and bring all your support.. Don't be a bunch of negative Nancy's if it's Hattiesburg. I love a chip on the shoulder attitude.
Stay on the train all the way to Omaha.

Penn wins, UT will host. No way the committee thinks otherwise with facility constraints, seating, hotels, attraction to the area, etc.
So. Miss wins and the committee will look at bids for each school...my money is as soon as the beer / champagne was drank last night, Danny White and his team were assembling that bid package.

In terms of facility, I call it dead even. They seat a few more people but I think with the recent renovations Lindsey Nelson has some better luxury boxes and amenities.
That said, the people around Southern Miss LOVE their baseball and will show out and fill that place every game.
Then it comes down to the fringe stuff like local attractions, hotels, restaurants...I believe both schools to be competitive here.

So finally it comes down to that little thing called cash...will/does the UTAD think they can pay out X amount to host the SR and make money back plus?
Me, I'm not sure, but then again that's why i trust in Danny White and his team...I bet we end up hosting.
Bids were due weeks ago. My concern is did Southern Miss overbid to ensure their retiring coach has a last hurrah.

So, I was curious so I just looked it up.
Weather in Knoxville next weekend is 85 and sunny.
Weather in Missippi 93 and rain. We might get the supers because of better weather.
It won’t factor in at all because decision will be made tonight. Forecast is highly inaccurate 48 hours in advance and just a total SWAG 4 or 5 days prior.

We’ve won 10 games against the RPI top 25 with a 10 and 10 record and they’ve only played 8 with a 5-3 record so our RPI should be higher with both having good enough facilities to host , the deciding factor should be which region you won , we knocked off #4 Clemson going 3-0 and they won #13 Auburns region going 4-1 , they may get to host and I’m glad we’re still playing but I just don’t see how their resume compares to ours

Region macro stats

'roids: (total postseason games played 5 conf + 5 region
Defensive Innings 10+9+9+9+9 - 46
Runs Allowed 4+2+4+ 2+ 7 = 19 (3.7 per 9 innings)
Runs Scored 2+7+8+11+11 = 39 (8.0 per 9 innings) <<< I think they batted in 44 innings

Vols: (post season games played 1 sec + 3 region)
Defensive Innings 9+14+9 - 32
Runs Allowed 2+5+1 = 8 (2.25 per 9 innings)
Runs Scored 8+6+9 = 23 (6.9 per 9 innings) <<< batted in 30 innings

Last edited:
Reactions: ArdentVol
From USM website
The stadium features chairback seating for 2,054 fans and bleacher seating for 1,212, after its current renovation prior to the 2012 season.
From UT website
Ground Rules: · Field Information: · Capacity: 4,045. Surface: Field Turf · Dimensions: L-320, LC-360, C-390, RC-360, R-320 · Fence Height: 10.5 feet ·
My math would tell me that some of your math is not right.

All of these outfield and berm seating things are a joke. It would be like us saying you can come stand in the street and watch it on the big screen and will count it.

The outfield has a section called The Roost. I believe I have heard that can hold another 2k or so. It always seems packed for every game I go to or that are on TV.

We have a berm down left field fence that would sit 2,000 and a section over batting cages that would stand another 1,500 and a great place to stand beyond fence in RF. Small viewing problems in each but great place to stand. ;)

The outfield has a section called The Roost. I believe I have heard that can hold another 2k or so. It always seems packed for every game I go to or that are on TV.

That’s what I figured with how you can get more than capacity. UT simply can’t do that with the way its campus and field are constructed. The average attendance doesn’t mean much because UT will sell out any post season game, and the crowds have been great the last 3 seasons. Eventually, we will get our capacity higher.

What we would need to know is the box office receipts (💰) from super regionals last year. Seems that is most of what NCAA would care about, outside of trying to stick it to the Vols.

Say whatever you want about life in Lincoln, but one must be impressed with Nebraska's support of their teams. I don't think they have been upper echelon in baseball for many years and yet they support that team with top ten attendance. Football support is obvious. Impressive fanbase. I've known a few Huskers in my time and they were very solid folks…..

Say whatever you want about life in Lincoln, but one must be impressed with Nebraska's support of their teams. I don't think they have been upper echelon in baseball for many years and yet they support that team with top ten attendance. Football support is obvious. Impressive fanbase. I've known a few Huskers in my time and they were very solid folks…..
What else are you gonna do in that state for recreation? After all, the state catchphrase has been coined as “Nebraska: it’s not for everyone” 😂😂

Status
Not open for further replies.

VN Store

Back