The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

Are the DB’s on the roster salvageable at this point?
I don't think so. Taylor and Jackson were our best and they're gone. Burrell,Hadden, McCullough and Flowers need to be replaced. Turnage played pretty good for the 1 game we seen him play imo.

Great question for the league office Monday morning.

Ha Ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA

Call St Nick. Sankey takes no officiating responsibility nor does he give a damn about giving the fans who pay for this crap any answers. He thinks he is a god and that the fans are irrelevant.

Just like the Bball team from last night, our last 2 minutes of half and end of game needs some adjustments.
Either way, no-one expected TN to get this far and actually looking forward to an off season that is event free.
Work hard and come out hungry next year.
Go Vols!!

Reactions: Vol4life2
This is not the first time that MCB officials robbed Tennessee. I think that Coach Heupel's contract should stipulate that he will not be required to coach in another Music City Bowl.

I mean it honestly could go both ways but what drives me nuts is, how many times have you seen a play where the ball carrier is laying on a defender, no body part down and makes the crazy big play or TD. No one blows a whistle, no one rules forward progress stopped. They watch the play unfold into some awesome spectacle of a play. Why can’t that happen to us? Why do we always get bitten by the early whistle or the insane, once in a lifetime call.
GBO!!

TN how rules get changed. Maybe we need to change our name to TN rule changers

Reactions: kptvol1

From my understanding is after the play is whistled dead nothing can be reviewed past that point.

Still though, I’ve never seen anything like that, especially at the goal line with a runner. It is an embarrassing and near criminal miss. Let the play go and review after…like I don’t know…they are supposed to do.

Reactions: alavolfan
Nailed it.
Lol at anyone who thought Purdue was a joke. They probably felt disrespected after the big games they won and barely lost the others, meanwhile their opponent has beaten 1 barely ranked team and blown out by the best teams they've played. It's a matter of perspective. In many ways this was a bad match-up for both teams but Tenn was likely correctly favored. But it's a joke to think this should've been a blowout. That's the kool-aid talking.

Reactions: Vol4life2
Just a couple of points about the refs performance. I want to point out that Purdue had 5 penalties for 61 yards in the game, and UT had 14 penalties for 128 yards, a ridiculous difference. I also want to point out that Tennessee had over 100 yards in penalties in only one other game this season, against Pitt, which I think also had ACC refs. By all appearances these refs were biased against Tennessee. A couple of the interference calls against UT were clearly bad calls, and on the last UT pass play in regulation, the defender clearly was pulling on Tillman's jersey as he went down field and the pass was overthrown because of the hold up, but nothing was called against Purdue. There is a clear problem with these differences.

I think if its called correctly and we get the 7 we have a 30% chance of getting the stop at best. So in my mind going for 7 instead of 3 is the call. Heupel to me got it right. I just wish there was real accountability in Officiating. The explanation was as stupid as it sounded. Basically whenever he determines the play is dead its dead. Why have replay.... human error and all. He clearly scored, but because he determined with error replay foes nothing. So why do we have replay ? If replay can over turn a blown dead fumble why is it not the same for a TD with no whistle until the ball went over the line. It was clear as day with the whistle
Im curious to how you felt when they went for it and didn’t get the TD.? Then had to send the defense out there to come up with a miracle.? And to come up with a turnover or hope that the kicker misses.? No...30% didn’t need to be a TD...We should’ve kicked the FG. and played defense. Purdue has struggled all year in the red zone. There’s no I in team...! I’m reading that when the OLineman was trying to pull the running back across the line. That at that point it was ruled that the forward progress was stopped.! Unfortunately but it’s the rule. To push or shoving forward is different. I agree with the whistle though

One of two things happened with the refs in this game. 1) They had no clue what they were doing out there......or 2) One or more of these refs had bets on this game. They should be investigated thoroughly and see if any of them had monetary bets on this game. I can't believe any ref calling NCAA ball could be as stupid and blind as these guys were!

Just a couple of points about the refs performance. I want to point out that Purdue had 5 penalties for 61 yards in the game, and UT had 14 penalties for 128 yards, a ridiculous difference. I also want to point out that Tennessee had over 100 yards in penalties in only one other game this season, against Pitt, which I think also had ACC refs. By all appearances these refs were biased against Tennessee. A couple of the interference calls against UT were clearly bad calls, and on the last UT pass play in regulation, the defender clearly was pulling on Tillman's jersey as he went down field and the pass was overthrown because of the hold up, but nothing was called against Purdue. There is a clear problem with these differences.
And it would’ve put us already in FG. Range with a first down and time to call at least three more plays maybe. Instead of a record 56 yard FG. We would’ve been already inside the 50ty range with time. What I don’t get is why in hell do you leave timeouts on the scoreboard?!?! The ACC doesn’t like big uncle SEC !

One of two things happened with the refs in this game. 1) They had no clue what they were doing out there......or 2) One or more of these refs had bets on this game. They should be investigated thoroughly and see if any of them had monetary bets on this game. I can't believe any ref calling NCAA ball could be as stupid and blind as these guys were!
How would you feel as a second string cousin to Big Uncle SEC. They have an agenda!

I'm dissappinted with the result except less sad because the future is very bright for a talented Rocky Top Volunteers football team that has the ability to be a great team for a full season since most likely Hooker will be the starter.

Reactions: screenthis
1:20 (am) and I'm still kind of just quietly sitting and wondering how that happened. I think I'm in shock. I knew it would be close... I even said it would be a 45-48 type game. I just never thought we would lose. It never crossed my mind, and it never felt that way. I'm just kind of numb.

All but one of the PI calls were correct. I think we even had a couple that weren't called.

Not sure which is worse, our secondary or our LB's.

Play calling cost Tennessee the bama game? What planet do you live on?
3 straight drives inside the 50 yard line where 3 straight run plays up the middle that took a total of 45 seconds off the clock in the 2nd half when defense is gassed was a major point/momentum shift. So yes it did. Was ut's game to lose late in the 3rd qtr. If would have slowed the pace down on the second half at key points that score is a lot different. The super pace offense is hell on our defense when offense gets Negative yardage on 3 straight run plays inside red zone after a turnover.

VN Store

Back