The Official Tennessee vs. Purdue Music City Bowl Game Thread, 3:00 PM ET, ESPN

SERIES HISTORY

Boilermakers lead series, 1-0

Tennessee and Purdue have played just once previously, a 27-22 Boilermakers' victory in the 1979 Bluebonnet Bowl in Houston. This will be the first time Heupel has faced a Big Ten opponent as a head coach. The last time he played a Big Ten opponent was ironically Purdue on Sept. 16, 2017, when he was the offensive coordinator at Missouri.
This was the first UT game I can remember watching as a kid. Vaguely remember us almost coming back to win, and became a Jimmy Streater fan after that game.

I thought I read that Wright was out for tomorrow too? If that's the case, their QB could have a rough day with only playing with receiver's that have caught 1200 yards and 10 TDs this season once you take away Wright and Bells production for the year. He will probably look like a Heisman candidate as their 3rd and 4th string WR's have a day though;)
He is out also. So is there DB

It's entirely factual, but I can't help but laugh at this sentence: "Heupel is the fifth UT coach in the last 70 years to lead the Vols to a bowl berth in his debut season, joining Bill Battle (1970), Phillip Fulmer (1993), Lane Kiffin (2009) and Derek Dooley (2010)."

My work shift starts at 3 today, oh why Football Gods have you forsaken me? 🙄

VN Store

Back