The Official Tennessee vs. Ole Miss Game Thread, 9:00 PM ET, SEC Network

The definition of MUST is not that same as CHANCES. MUST is a literal playoff style "lose and you're out" situation. This is not.

Oh give me a break. How often are people actually literal when referring to a game as "must-win"? You're perfectly aware of the point this thread is trying to make about the importance of tonight's game, you're just purposefully being obtuse about it. If the Basket-Vols want to have any chance at making the NCAA Tournament they need this win.

Oh give me a break. How often are people actually literal when referring to a game as "must-win"? You're perfectly aware of the point this thread is trying to make about the importance of tonight's game, you're just purposefully being obtuse about it. If the Basket-Vols want to have any chance at making the NCAA Tournament they need this win.

MM, it's easier to just say it like it really is. That way we avoid confusion. But, I digress.

MM, it's easier to just say it like it really is. That way we avoid confusion. But, I digress.

I don't think anyone on this board was confused about whether or not calling tonight's game a "must-win" means if we lose there is no more basketball. I'm pretty sure most of the people here are smart enough to understand that. I don't think anyone refers to actual elimination games as must-win games. I guarantee not a single Titans fan was going into the game Sunday telling themselves "This is a must-win game." Lol. That goes without saying.

I'd like to see us run the floor a little tonight. JJJ going coast to coast or Pons and Fulky beating their men back alongside a couple of steals and FB points by Bowden. Those 4 are the best finishers on the team and 10-15 fast break points would go a long ways to help in victory the next two games. Vescovi can not continue to turn the ball over, that alongside his defensive struggles could kill us vs Kansas, not so much tonight.

Gotta contain Hinson and Tyree. Their guards can absolutely score the basketball. Keep improving the defense and try to kill em in the paint and at the free throw line. GBO!!!

Some more Deja vu
In our 16 win season we were 2-3 in the SEC and headed to Ole Miss where we lost.

Game ahead (2 overall) an got um at our place. DO IT!

Your definition of Deja Vu and mine are really different.

Ahhhh, it's January 21, and the "Must Wins" have already begun.

This is absolutely a must win as is the Texas A&M game next week. Ole Miss and A&M are both mediocre and would go down as bad losses. A team like us with no real signature wins (VCU and Washington aren't looking as strong as they once did) can't afford bad losses.

A must-win game if UT has any postseason aspirations whatsoever.

There are no must win games in January for the NCAA tournament. If they lose one they should win, like this one, then that means they need to win one later on that they should lose. There are plenty of those types remaining on the schedule

The definition of MUST is not that same as CHANCES. MUST is a literal playoff style "lose and you're out" situation. This is not.

^^^ This is a Brian Regan bit (to avoid confusion, not literally). BR does it much better. And Bowden will be winning it for his grandmother.

I love the late start because my kid is in bed 👍

I love Tuesday games. My grandkids are at their dads.

Love them and I love how they are so interested in things I like.....but in a close game......them consistently asking questions, sometimes makes me feel I miss part of the game.

Don’t get me wrong. I love them and love giving them attention and answering them, but 30 times asking what is that guy doing, who is that guy, why is he running......makes my one ear tired.

Massive fight in the Kansas game, possible that players will be suspended... maybe a little help for the Vols?

Doesn't get much more wide open than that three.

VN Store

Back