The Official Tennessee vs. Missouri Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, CBS

Emotional day today for the seniors. I wish them the best and thank them for being a Vol. I wished that they had 4 years with CJP. Be the team that beat Auburn and Kentucky and you earn your bowl game at the end of the season. Good luck today guys and thank you!

Uh huh. Keep telling yourself that

I suppose there’s no point in arguing semantics (even though for some reason I’m about to do it anyway) but I’m not sure I’d say they “own” us. They’ve obviously gotten the better of us, as they lead the series 4-2 but... We’ve won 2 of the last 3, so our seniors have a winning record against them.

With that said... If they win today, especially if they beat us handily, I’d say it’s safe to say they own us.

It honestly hadn't hit me that they have owned us like that.
It has me. After last year’s complete physical domination and the 2016 game where they put 740 yards up on us, it’s clear they play very confidently against us. I think we’ll have to play our best game this year to beat them unless Missouri comes out sloppy and turns the ball over a few times.

Reactions: joevol33
Missouri has not owned Tennessee.
Yeah, they have. Have won 4 of 6 and in one of the two losses put up 37 points and 740 yards of offense. Last year they physically dominated us rushing for 430+ yards. We need to pick it up and do more to make a series of it.

Hate that I have to miss this game. I'm in Auburns band, and of course the liberty game starts at same time.

Series History: Missouri

The Vols and Tigers are set to meet for just the seventh time when they square off on Saturday afternoon. Missouri holds a 4-2 lead in the series after winning the first three contests as well as last year's meeting. UT and Mizzou had never played before the Tigers joined the SEC in 2012.

Despite playing each other only six times, there have been some memorable games in the series. The very first game played between the two programs went to four overtimes with Missouri coming away with a 51-48 victory in Knoxville back in 2012. The last time the two teams played in Neyland Stadium, in 2016, they combined for 100 points and 1,349 yards of total offense as the Vols came out on top, 63-37, behind 413 total yards and five touchdowns from quarterback Joshua Dobbs.
I hope this one is memorable because we hang 50+ on them and hold them to 10.

having to work every saturday sucks !! but the dvr is set and we have a tv here at work so i catch bits and pieces of it . but anyhow lets go vols cant wait to see this team come out and keep prooving themselves !!!

VN Store

Back