The Official Tennessee vs LA Tech Fall Ball Thread Game 2 (Saturday 1:05PM EST, 12:05PM CT)

Had a great time in Memphis. Here were my obversations..

- Jordan Beck put on a display in BP and it carried over to the game. Hit an opposite field and dead center bomb. Looks very dialed on.
- Courtland Lawson looks very good at short. Would be surprised if he’s not the mainstay there.
-Evan Russell looked very comfortable behind the plate. Made a great play on a foul tip, threw a strike to 2nd. Runner was called safe but was questionable. The ball was on the money and the release was good.
-Tons of depth on the mound. Chase Dollander is special. I don’t see anyway he’s not in the rotation.
-Kirby Connell was very sharp in his inning.
-Ben Joyce touched triple digits effortlessly.
-Christian Moore is a specimen. Doesn’t look like a freshman.
-Seth Stephenson is as fast as Jay Charleston maybe faster.
- infield has a lot of depth. I think a rotation of Lipscomb, Stephenson, Moore and Steenstra will most likely take place at 3rd and 2nd. Lawson really looked good at short both with the stick and with the glove.
Crowd was amazing and the UT players and Coach V signed autographs for a very long time before and after the 1st game.

- Jordan Beck put on a display in BP and it carried over to the game. Hit an opposite field and dead center bomb. Looks very dialed on.
- Courtland Lawson looks very good at short. Would be surprised if he’s not the mainstay there.
-Evan Russell looked very comfortable behind the plate. Made a great play on a foul tip, threw a strike to 2nd. Runner was called safe but was questionable. The ball was on the money and the release was good.
-Tons of depth on the mound. Chase Dollander is special. I don’t see anyway he’s not in the rotation.
- infield has a lot of depth. I think a rotation of Lipscomb, Stephenson, Moore and Steenstra will most likely take place at 3rd and 2nd. Lawson really looked good at short both with the stick and with the glove.
Crowd was amazing and the UT players and Coach V signed autographs for a very long time before and after the 1st game.
Thanks for the rundown.

Reactions: LoudOrange

Thanks! Lots of exciting info, particularly looking forward to a strong season from Beck!

Was at the game. So proud of this coaching staff and these boys in how they carry themselves on & off the field.

A few shoutouts:

Even though it's early, I was a little worried, but the infield was definitely better.

The returning starters: Luc, Beck, Gilbert, and Russell. Gosh these guys are such a positive influence.

Jordan Beck, took command defensively and his 2 home runs. Unfortunately, I'm getting use to how good this kid is which is a bummer because he is so good.

Ben Joyce, what the heck? Kid was sitting 98 - 100 and he hit 102 mph (102!). He went Walk, K, K, Single, Line out. That walk was a joke. We were right behind home plate, even the scouts were like "Are you kidding me?" Joyce dominated and his mound presence is intimidating. Love his number, #44.

Jared Dickey: The kid banged an oppo 3 run homer then on his next at bat he took it to the RF warning track for a fly out. And I believe he is only a freshman (redshirt)

Leadership - check
Pitching - check
Offense -check
Defense - check
Depth - check
Chemistry- check

This team checks all
The boxes for me. I was skeptical at first but actually excited now after seeing a couple positions that I had questions about !

Not sure there will be a greater story than Russell after this year !
Beck - is a top prospect
Gilbert - just a great player
Booker - tools every where.
Luc - just does luc. Defense is extremely amazing and is dangerous at the plate
Middle infield - Lawson , Streensta, Moore and cambers. Will be fine.
Burke - just a natural hitter
Stephenson - can fly
Limbsomb and Ortega will probably pattoon 3b
Dickey can swing it too.
Christian Scott adds to the depth , would be a starter in a lot of places

Pitching galore!! To much to even start !! This team has arms !!! Lots of young arms.

CTV and staff are doing a remarkable job! The talent level is just super!

When you actually see the product close ans personal , you can see why they are winning !!
Studs on that diamond !!!

It’s early but I like what I am seeing. Go Vols !!

Random thought I had. Are there even any MLB teams with two guys who can hit 100+?
White Sox may have 3….but I’m sure they are others. The 2 teams in the World Series have guys sitting 92-95 with the exception of a few. I’ll take movement over velocity any day. However, hanging some guys hit triple digits is not a bad thing!

Reactions: vol66
Great experience in Millington.
I don't have enough expertise to give y'all the rundown.............. but I was impressed.
Other folks from Dyersburg that got there early for the interaction with players and coaching were VERY "taken" with Vitello & staff.
p.s. my wife and her friend were very "taken" with our head coach!.... just saying.

GBO

Reactions: feathersax and txbo

VN Store

Back