The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Decent article. However, this is the final sentence:

"Now, for the next eight months, Tennessee football with his an offseason buzz a bit."

It amazes me that people who WRITE for a living don't take the simple step of proofreading. That is his final thought, and it makes no sense.
I think the author wanted to hurry up and finish the article and didn't end it very well. :rolleyes:I think Tennessee will be in the Top 25 Preseason Polls you will start seeing in March and April.:cool:

Just think, if we have the boys ready for the first 2 games, we are possibly sitting at 10-3 ranked in the top 15. Those 2 games still make me sick to my stomach, maybe a new DC and OC in same season contributed to it, who knows, but no excuse to lose to Ga St

We were never going to be 10-3 this year for the same reason we almost lost to a team we were clearly better than. As a matter of fact this game had some similarities to those games - not converting red zone opportunities to TDs.

The defense had a few breakdowns but Indiana had to fight tooth and nail to get those yards.

Lol and if he leaves you guys will be begging for him next year.. BM was even worse than JG this year and who the hell knows what HB will look like as a true freshman
BM looked better and provided some spark. Pruitt needs to stop yanking Qb’s. It is like a basketball coach yanking a player after a missed shot. He

Go back and reread everything you wrote. Please provide me with some facts as to how YOU KNOW we WOULD have avg more than 22 with someone else on the roster. Woulda shoulda coulda is not easily debated.
Like I said you are not going to answer nothing.Now run along

BM looked better and provided some spark. Pruitt needs to stop yanking Qb’s. It is like a basketball coach yanking a player after a missed shot. He
BM was lucky not to throw an INT on that drive. He forced a number of bad throws. It is probably accurate to state that CJP knows what is best with the QBs that he has on staff. If the coaches truly thought BM gave them a better chance to win the game, he would have started.

He may have provided spark but was absolute trash as a passer. The staff needed to bring JG of the bench. Some guys like JG play better in that situation.

After all that and you're criticizing CJP for how he handled things? He got a win on a night where QB play was lacking. I don't know how he pulled out a win after being behind by 2 TDs with 5 mins left but whatever he did, worked out. I wouldn't change a thing about how he coached from the 3rd qtr on.

Reactions: jlawso21
BM was lucky not to throw an INT on that drive. He forced a number of bad throws. It is probably accurate to state that CJP knows what is best with the QBs that he has on staff. If the coaches truly thought BM gave them a better chance to win the game, he would have started.
Comparing BM vs JG:

BM. Almost threw an interception
Made two plays JG could never make.
JG. Two Interceptions with one returned for a touchdown.

Let’s see, who do I choose? .....I pick BM for my team

After all that and you're criticizing CJP for how he handled things? He got a win on a night where QB play was lacking. I don't know how he pulled out a win after being behind by 2 TDs with 5 mins left but whatever he did, worked out. I wouldn't change a thing about how he coached from the 3rd qtr on.
I think JP is the Man and is well on His way of turning this program around. He needs to reevaluate his handling of yanking Qb’s.

That is factually inaccurate.

In Tennessee's last 6 games of 2019 they played 3 teams with winning records( UAB, KY and Indiana ), and 4 teams who won enough games to be bowl eligible( UAB, KY, Mizou and Indiana). 41-21 vs USC isn't a struggle, 30-7 vs UAB isn't a struggle and 28 - 10 vs Vandy isn't a struggle. We might not have dominated every aspect of the game from start to finish....but a 3 possession game isn't a struggle.

If you are going to be critical about the team and it's players....at least do a better job of having correct information.

lol , UAB ? really. Of course it wasnt a struggle and it was not suppose to be and if my memory was right leading up to that game not one team UAB had played did not even have a winning record. I forgot about the high powered UAB game ,that is how relevant that game was. I was not even talking about the IU game because it was about the regular season, pay attention snowflake. You didnt save the day like you think , now run along

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Lol and if he leaves you guys will be begging for him next year.. BM was even worse than JG this year and who the hell knows what HB will look like as a true freshman

You could not be more wrong. BM is a true freshman and has room to develop and JG , well he has went as far as he can go.

Reactions: ABINGDON VOL FAN
Decent article. However, this is the final sentence:

"Now, for the next eight months, Tennessee football with his an offseason buzz a bit."

It amazes me that people who WRITE for a living don't take the simple step of proofreading. That is his final thought, and it makes no sense.

No doubt. My kids could have written a better article when they were five years old than this guy. Either he doesn’t care about his work or his employer doesn’t. That’s was horrible.

We know that we won with JG. Why do you want to play revisionist history and try our luck with someone else? We won. That makes it the right move. Simple as that.
That luck is going to run out with JG. We need Qb play that will help us be competitive against the elites next year. JG is not the guy.

VN Store

Back