The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

Celebrate if you want. Winning is certainly better than losing. But bottom line is that did nothing for our program. Some how we found a way to regress with extra healing and practices. Something is off. Whether it be talent, coaching, drive, I don’t know. That kicker lost the game for IU more so than us winning. A W is a W. But it does nothing for the program. That’s just the truth. It wasn’t convincing. It was terrible to watch. It’s not like we scraped by a win against some good team. It was IU. It should have been 21-24 to 3 at half.
So explain to what it would have done for the program if we had won by 20? A win is a win. The record will show 8-5.

Gladly eating my crow. I still hope we have another qb next year!
No shame in being pissed at JG. He played bad for 3-1/2 quarters... but those calling out coaches is crazy IMO. You can’t coach your way around QB’s - PLURAL - badly missing everything. They were correct in benching JG and correct in bringing him back in. Gave us best chance to win. And that’s not me playing Monday QB. My posts back it up.

Celebrate if you want. Winning is certainly better than losing. But bottom line is that did nothing for our program. Some how we found a way to regress with extra healing and practices. Something is off. Whether it be talent, coaching, drive, I don’t know. That kicker lost the game for IU more so than us winning. A W is a W. But it does nothing for the program. That’s just the truth. It wasn’t convincing. It was terrible to watch. It’s not like we scraped by a win against some good team. It was IU. It should have been 21-24 to 3 at half.

We will celebrate.. you should try it. Regardless of what "should've been" we won. What would a blowout have done for us at this point? Recruiting is basically wrapped up for this year. Let the coaching staff make adjustments to set us up next year. Or you can just be mad I guess..

why did espn cut away no trophy presentation only bowl game I watched that they did not show the trophy award

Then you didn't watch many, because almost all of them have been on ESPN3. Only the New Year's Six have shown the trophy presentation that I've seen, and I've watched all of them.

This is a step in the right direction in terms of learning how to win. We’re rebuilding this program from the ground up. I agree, it was ugly. I disagree that it does nothing for the program. I’ll take the win.

For those with Sling, you can watch it on ESPN3 now that the presentation is over in real time.

You must be a real thrill at parties .... just be happy we won. Ffs. Some things never change ...

Life of the party pal. Your missing the point. Of course I’d rather win than lose. But if you’ll be realistic you’ll agree. I get it. A W is a W. But it was IU. The play wasn’t anything to be proud of. It didn’t bode well for the future. Somethings is off. Players, coaches, I don’t know. And I sure hope they figure it out over the off season. We were a bad IU kicker away from living another Ga. state, BYU adventure. He missed a fairly short FG, and a XP. We really did nothing well other than defense playing decent. I’ll take the W and be happy about 8 wins. But I also won’t kid myself and jump on the “we’re beating OU wagon”. Open your eyes.

"Good new- we only have to hold them scoreless and score 2x in 10 minutes.
AND THEY DID!!!
We'll have another new head coach this time next year.:

I prefer my crow well done.

Reactions: Bret178

VN Store

Back