The Official Tennessee vs. Indiana Tax Slayer Gator Bowl Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, ESPN

I'm laying a bit of blame on Chaney. JG has never been good on 40 yard out throws, most of his TDs are down the middle of the field. Chaney decides to take our big body tight end and run the same play he ran with Calloway which JG missed badly the 1st time. 2nd time is on Chaney. Throw it to the tight ends over the middle or short crossing routes, let the receivers handle the other stuff IMO...
This post x100. I cannot like this post more than once and I wish I could. Spot on assessment IMO. Why Chaney continues to call some of the plays he does is questionable at best especially when you have a QB that handicaps you. Call to his strengths which is what an OC should do however he doesn't seem to do that. We get to the 6 early and what....stop running the ball and throw it 4 times.

Reactions: hexnut and 99Vol
Jarrett Guarantano seems like a great person and he may be a great practice quarterback but he is not our answer. I want him to do well and I always think today may be the day but it never happens. I would love to see him succeed but I think it's evident he is not going to. Please, please, please go with Maurer in the second half and we will win by 3 or more scores. This is so hard to watch. We've been excited to see our guys play for how many weeks now? This is so frustrating. It seems so obvious that we need a change. Our receivers can make plays if they get half a chance. We are not where we need to be yet but we are much better than we show with Guarantano at quarterback. Telegraphs throws, throws late, overthrows, holds ball too long. C'mon man!
I wonder why he is so good in practice because he knows he isn’t going to get hit?

Reactions: dgrind65
I think Tennessee is clearly better on both sides of the ball. I hope JJ is the difference in the second half. JG is just not getting it done. It seems that he has an adversion to scoring touchdowns. Take him out and then bring him back if needed.

Reactions: bowkane
I am a little frustrated during this halftime. We literally dominated everywhere but the scoreboard. As well as Gurantano played in the 1st half it matters not if he cannot get into the end zone. He also led to Indiana's only points. This game is very much in doubt at the moment having dragged Indiana up and down the field.
Agree, I suffer through both the Vols and Falcons red zone woes for the past 10 years.... broken record.

This post x100. I cannot like this post more than once and I wish I could. Spot on assessment IMO. Why Chaney continues to call some of the plays he does is questionable at best especially when you have a QB that handicaps you. Call to his strengths which is what an OC should do however he doesn't seem to do that. We get to the 6 early and what....stop running the ball and throw it 4 times.
I disagree. JG just can't hit the open man. He is 2 seconds late which is why we haven't scored.

Normally I wouldn't agree, but in this case, you're probably right. Hell Trump could release nudes and it'd be better than JG

Haha. As a fan I’m pissed. But I feel for the rest of the team, especially the defense. There have been mistakes everywhere. But with a decent QB we would still have 17-21 points. Sucks for the guys putting it all out there.

Reactions: knoxvol16

VN Store

Back