The Official Tennessee vs. Georgia State Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, ESPNU

Not impressed with this outing from the staff on down. Low energy, predictable, and downright bad decisions being made on the field. This is not even a "solid" team we are playing, at home no less, and here we are. Pruitt has yet to show me anything, especially with his defensive pedigree. VOLS better wake the f up in a hurry.

Sold status: UN.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
I’ve been a big defender of JG. His decision making process is horrible today. Any decent qb would’ve lit this team up by now.
JG just cannot play at a high level. He has modest football sense and the lack of quality backups is the only thing that allows him to start in the SEC. The Bailey kid or someone needs to win the job next season and start this thing over.

What have you seen that makes you think we can run away from anybody we are playing this year?

Nothing, that’s sorta my point. I wouldn’t have been overly concerned had UT blown Ga State’s doors off (and they still might), but I’m also not going to call UT an easy win based off of struggling against what is the equivalent of a really good High School team.

You just can’t glean much from openers.

I expected JG and the O to struggle a bit. Just not be this atrocious. But I expected to see a lockdown D vs GS and we’ve got guys out of position and with their backs to the ball.

Doesn’t look like elite coaching to me. Disappointing is an understatement.

That Pruitt interview tells me that he and the team are playing to not get injured of course very vanilla. I will be worried if we play like this next week.

Reactions: Booker512
boys i thought we hit rock bottom last year, but were nosediving down the mariana trench
Look I’m not happy about the first half as I’m sure not many would be. But at the same time it is only the first half of football, of the season. All with some of our key players out, ton of new players.

Hopefully Chaney opens it up in the second half. I’m actually fine with the grind in the first half as it typically opens things up in the second. It’s like watching teams actually stick close to Bama in the first half. What the noobs don’t realize is Bama usually ground and pounds teams defenses in the first half. Then in the second half the opponents defense is spent as the third starts to wind down. Then Alabama will eat them up.

Let’s see how we do rest of the game. Trust me I’m against people not looking at reality and recognizing the writing on the wall. It just silly for everyone to be ready to pull the plug after the 2 periods of the season.

Reactions: johnsonbrewer
If I don't see improvements by the end of next year I'll be calling for his head. This is ridiculous. Coach even looks too relaxed.

Tennessee used to be fired up from start to finish. Even if we were having a bad year.

What did he do to our team?

VN Store

Back