The Official Tennessee vs Georgia Southern Opening Weekend Series Thread (Friday 4:00PM EST) (Saturday 1:00PM EST) (Sunday 1:00PM EST)

What happened to Charlie Taylor? I saw he started, but was pinch hit for in his first AB.

He did bat and was hbp. Don’t think we had scored much at that point and he was on 2nd, just figured they took him out for a faster runner and in turn switched to Russell at C.

I have followed UT baseball closely for the last 7-8 years, I like to watch the detail of Baseball. I noticed at the beginning of CTV's and FA'S Coaching stint at UT that they think differently than the average Fan. I noticed it even more this past weekend. By Fielders Body Language's and what I saw on the field. Especially early in the season, They don't spend a lot of time worrying about holding runners on. They believe their pitching is good enough that teams will not consistently put together many hits together. I went back and studied some stats. Pav only threw out 8 runners last year, think about that. But how many Strikes did he steal for his Pitchers. I will answer that, ALOT. Catching is an art and go back and watch the weekend series (all 3 games) and you might be surprised to how ER did Receiving. In Tony's interview yesterday he alluded to that He thought Drew Beam was around the plate a lot but didn't get the calls. And He bragged about Jared Dickey back there. JD didn't do anything that stood out to most, so why did TV brag about him, Receiving. Our Pitchers will get better holding runners on but as I have stated, that's the Coaching Staff's Approach. I won't say I totally agree with it but honestly it make sense especially with a young pitching staff and an unproven defense. Let's them play in position and less to deal with. When you look at it, with the ARMS we have. pretty clever. Not fun to watch at times, as a fan but I get it more now than I use to, and that's why they are in the positions to make those decisions and I am just an average fan. These Guys are Really good at their Jobs, they have taught this baseball fan a lot. FA is a mastermind with a Pitching Staff...and CTV is an Awesome HC...Go VOLS!!! the whole world has their eyes on the VOLS!!!

Anybody know what happened to the Legends on Saturday and Sunday?

I was in the park all 3 games, and noticed something changed on Saturday and Sunday. The ushers in Sec. A said something about having to move them (and the Legends account referenced the same thing).

It was odd. Is there not a student section now?

I was in the park all 3 games, and noticed something changed on Saturday and Sunday. The ushers in Sec. A said something about having to move them (and the Legends account referenced the same thing).

linkie?

Yeah I noticed that as well on TV. I figured there wasn’t as many students on a weekend but maybe they have dispersed them.

Reactions: chuckiepoo
Apparently the new “student section” is where the old playground used to be. The legends of Lindsey we’re awesome bringing some energy into the stadium last year and some of the heckles were pretty hilarious but I’m sure you’re going to get mixed reviews from everybody when you’re 6 Tall boys deep and shirtless. I hope they keep the same energy up wherever they end up being.

Reactions: chuckiepoo

I was in RF5 on Sunday, just a bit to the right of our dugout. There was a student section to my right, probably in RF4. Buddy told me they moved the students to the right a bit, maybe because of the high season ticket demand.

VN Store

Back