Overall: UT leads, 72-56

In Knoxville: UT leads, 44-16

In Gainesville: UF leads, 34-25

Neutral Sites: Series tied, 4-4

Current Streak: Florida has won four straight

Last Meeting: Florida won, 66- 49, in Gainesville, 2/28/15

Barnes vs. Florida: No meetings

Barnes vs. White: No meetings

Florida (10.5) and Tennessee (10.7) stand atop the SEC and rank 18th and 27th nationally in fewest turnovers per game.

Senior Vols point guard Kevin Punter Jr. ranks second in the SEC and 11th in the country in scoring, as he averages 22.8 ppg.

Tennessee associate head coach Rob Lanier was an assistant at Florida from 2007-11.

Vols senior Derek Reese is a native of Orlando, Florida.

Snap Florida’s four-game win streak in this series.

Snap Tennessee’s three-game losing streak in SEC home openers. The Vols’ last won their SEC home debut in 2012, defeating No. 13 Florida 67-56.

Preserve UT’s unblemished home record. The Vols are 7-0 on Rocky Top this season.

Overall: UT leads, 72-56

In Knoxville: UT leads, 44-16

In Gainesville: UF leads, 34-25

Neutral Sites: Series tied, 4-4

Current Streak: Florida has won four straight

Last Meeting: Florida won, 66- 49, in Gainesville, 2/28/15

Barnes vs. Florida: No meetings

Barnes vs. White: No meetings

I'm surprised Barnes has never played against Florida.

Thanks Yankee

Last edited:
Hoping the hot home shooting continues, Vols are around 47%fg 37%3pt at home this season, and are 7-0. Obviously opponent has something to do with that, but we clearly have some streaky shooters, not many pure shooters, hopefully they find their stroke tonight.

Probably a first to 70 wins type of game, because of that we need to continue to take care of the ball, shoot our free throws well, and at least be competitive in the rebounding category.

Probably a first to 70 wins type of game, because of that we need to continue to take care of the ball, shoot our free throws well, and at least be competitive in the rebounding category.

Why do you think white is playing such a low scoring style?

Seems his style was full court at la tech

Not real sure honestly, haven't looked too much into it. Not sure if it's mostly just a case of the guys he inherited he doesn't feel can play that style, or if it's something else.

Not real sure honestly, haven't looked too much into it. Not sure if it's mostly just a case of the guys he inherited he doesn't feel can play that style, or if it's something else.

Thanks

More likely a coach changing to his roster I guess

Chiozza has been playing well recently. We may see more zone than usual trying to cut down driving lanes for him.

That picture of Punter in the original post looks both are trying to outflop the other.

Our tempo isn't slow. It's about average at 182nd in the country.

We just don't shoot well, especially when Hill is on the floor. Prior to the last two games, Chiozza and Finney-Smith were the only two shooting a reasonable percentage from three. Allen has had a few nice games in a row, but he's not a spot-up shooter. He likes to drive and shoot off the dribble.

And our FT% is the second worst of all major conference teams.

We win games by playing defense and rebounding. We're 4th in the country in defensive efficiency.

We just don't shoot well, especially when Hill is on the floor. Prior to the last two games, Chiozza and Finney-Smith were the only two shooting a reasonable percentage from three. Allen has had a few nice games in a row, but he's not a spot-up shooter. He likes to drive and shoot off the dribble.

And our FT% is the second worst of all major conference teams.

We win games by playing defense and rebounding. We're 4th in the country in defensive efficiency.

Any pressing like white did a lot at la tech?

That was behind my op

Reactions: 1 person

Didn't White's La Tech teams rank much higher in tempo? I think that's what Bruin was asking, why is it that much slower at Florida?

White's LT teams ranked averaged about 30th in the country, Florida is currently 210th in the country.

Last edited:
I think their bigs have a problem running at the pace White likes. jmo

In the games I've watched this year, the guards would be able to adapt.

I think their bigs have a problem running at the pace White likes. jmo

In the games I've watched this year, the guards would be able to adapt.

Definitely possible, their big guy Egbunu transferred to UF when Donovan was there, he's about 6'10" 260lbs, so definitely understandable that he's not exactly best suited for an up and down 40 minutes.

VN Store

Back