The Official Tennessee vs. Florida Game Thread, 2:00 PM ET, ESPN2

If we hadn’t blown the Auburn game last week and another one along the way in SEC play I could be hopeful, but I don’t think what you’re hoping for is going to happen.

I go back to the Auburn game and the aTm game as the two that could have changed the season.

Reactions: Kicker82
Can we agree James had a decent game. 12 points, 6 assists, and a key 8 rebounds?
Not enough. He is a 5 star. Good game JJJ those of us who know basketball know that you have a tremendous future but like most Freshmen it is inconsistency that is the norm. Thanks for playing when you our not 100% healthy

Coulda shoulda woulda...worthless words that don’t change anything.

When Turner went down, the NIT was a realistic expectation (NCAA was a long shot). Today’s win makes the NIT attainable.

The positives are that we only lose Bowden, several other players are developing and we have a very strong class coming in. We are just thin right now. Losing three non-seniors from last years team (counting Turner) should make that understandable.

Fulkerson will be a leader next year. I expect that Pons will continue to improve and that James and Vescovi will make considerable leaps. Hopefully, so will Plavsic and a few of the others. That’s a pretty solid first five. And if some of the 5-star freshmen can contribute, we should be better.

Not enough. He is a 5 star. Good game JJJ those of us who know basketball know that you have a tremendous future but like most Freshmen it is inconsistency that is the norm. Thanks for playing when you our not 100% healthy
His type of all-around play today on both sides of the ball is what made him a 5 star. I agree that he needs consistency but you can't ask for much more than what he gave and produced today. I doubt many of the 5 stars out there play as hard on the defensive end as he does.

Coulda shoulda woulda...worthless words that don’t change anything.

When Turner went down, the NIT was a realistic expectation (NCAA was a long shot). Today’s win makes the NIT attainable.

The positives are that we only lose Bowden, several other players are developing and we have a very strong class coming in. We are just thin right now. Losing three non-seniors from last years team (counting Turner) should make that understandable.

Fulkerson will be a leader next year. I expect that Pons will continue to improve and that James and Vescovi will make considerable leaps. Hopefully, so will Plavsic and a few of the others. That’s a pretty solid first five. And if some of the 5-star freshmen can contribute, we should be better.
A win over Auburn would lock up the NIT.

They beat UK at home by shooting over 40 free throws.

Blows my mind.

I really didn't think we'd win another game much less this one. UF is playing well right now. I'm stunned...simply stunned. Kudos to this bunch. They showed a lot of heart and didn't quit on the season.

His type of all-around play today on both sides of the ball is what made him a 5 star. I agree that he needs consistency but you can't ask for much more than what he gave and produced today. I doubt many of the 5 stars out there play as hard on the defensive end as he does.[/QUOTE Offseason will be good for him developing more on O same as Ticket. We have a real bright future approaching were we can challenge for Final four.

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan

VN Store

Back