The Official Tennessee vs. Bowling Green Game Thread, 8:00 PM ET, SEC Network

I feel like we got really conservative and complacent after the 2 TDs. We thought they’d quit and go away. It’s clear they came to play.

I feel like our play-calling became more vanilla after the first 2 drives.

Drops killed our drives, too.

BG is trying to kill the clock and grind it out as best they can. That 2nd quarter exemplifies it.

We’ll dominate the second half.

That is the definition of Tennessee football for years and years. When are they going to flip the switch and start beating teams into powder?

I expected a vanilla game but here we get AGAIN in a dog fight in game 1.

This team plays just like the crowd sadly. Once the crowd checks out the team follows. They’ve got to learn to play through the peaks and valleys and the crowd will follow.

CJH and company better dominate the second half or the fans will absolutely check out early in the season and his tenure will never get off the ground.

New year same old Vols. No D, weak O, and having trouble stopping a team that shouldn't be in the game right now. Milton looks flat footed and runs scared. Just my thoughts.

Reactions: BucksnortVol
lol thats every game every season. we are a team, where every game we go into halftime with the "nows our chance to see if our culture finally changed," blah blah.
We will see how strong this culture really is in the second half. Crowd has turned against, can't blame them. Ya played like ****. Will they tune it out and dominate like they should or will they be bothered and play like ass the rest of the game? Let's see

Good adjustment by Loefler to roll the QB out. It took away the straight ahead rush. It will be interesting to see how Banks answers

I know folks are disappointed. This will be a rough season no doubt, but it's going to take time for this staff to recruit and change the culture. Not gonna happen overnight. Just hope for wins where you can grab 'em.

Yeah, on like one play. He has been pressured too much. He has already shown the ability to make reads and pass on check downs. A vast improvement on JG.
Did you start watching football last week? We're playing the worst team in Division I. Milton has had time to make a sandwich back there half the time and he waits another five seconds after that until he gets sacked or runs for two yards and gets tackled by guys half his size.

Hype has to get this team on the same page. Milton's game appears to be 10 to 15 yards downfield and some select designed runs. The o line is struggling in the run game.

The defense up front looks ok to good, especially interior. Beyond that we aren't very good.

I was hopeful next week would be a win, I see us struggling at a step up in opponent, we really need that win for optics..

VN Store

Back