The Official Tennessee vs. Ball State Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

ABOUT BALL STATE

Led by seventh-year head coach Mike Neu, Ball State enters the 2022 season fresh off its second consecutive bowl appearance. The Cardinals went 6-6 in the regular season last year before falling to Georgia State in the TaxAct Camellia Bowl.

They return 11 starters from last year's team (six on offense, five on defense), including their top rusher and receiver in sophomore running back Carson Steele and senior wideout Jayshon Jackson. Steele rushed for 891 yards and six touchdowns on 192 carries in 2021 while Jackson hauled in 69 receptions for 829 yards and five touchdowns. Redshirt junior John Paddock takes over at quarterback following the departure of three-year starter Drew Plitt.

Junior linebacker Clayton Coll returns to lead the defense after finishing third on the team with 108 tackles last year to go along with five tackles for loss, 1.5 sacks, two interceptions and a forced fumble. Redshirt sophomore defensive end Tavion Woodard is also back after leading the team with five sacks in 2021.
Is this coach related to the Knights Who Say Ni?

Attachments

• Knights who say NI_Monty Python.jpg
    Knights who say NI_Monty Python.jpg
    79.6 KB · Views: 4
I’m at the beach and the first thing I did when I walked into the condo, was turn on the TV to check for the SEC Network. Yep, it’s there! Even rain today will not upset me, I’m so excited!

Thursday Night Openers
<snip>. The other win came by a 28-11 fashion at Louisville to open the 1991 campaign.

That was supposed to be Louisville's time to bust bigly onto the college football scene, they were at home, had Howard Schnelleburger (sp?), and were coming off a Fiesta Bowl win over the crimson turds. We were introduced to a couple of young men named James Little Man Stewart and Aaron Hayden ( the M&M boys, Morristown and Michigan) that night. At least that is what I remember 31 years later.

VN Store

Back