The Official Tennessee vs. Arkansas Game Thread, 7:00 PM ET, SEC Network

Gaines could be our next defensive stopper, plays hard for a freshman, really surprised at his effort, but he is always mopping the floor for loose balls!
Lol! Gaines does live on the floor. Hopefully, he will live in the weight room this summer. I hope Gaines can progress like Josh Richardson. Every year Josh added to his offensive game. One year Josh had a consistent mid-range jumper, then he added the three, and then he worked on his ballhandling.

Honestly... if it wasn’t for injuries, missed calls on opposing teams, and bad luck, our record would look a lot better than it indicates.

This team plays extremely hard like a Rick Barnes team should.

Next year I’m about as confident as I’ve ever been about making the NCAA Tournament. Preseason Top 25 team as well.

I would so like to get back the Memphis and A&M games. We would be 16-8. But we have to fight on.

I would so like to get back the Memphis and A&M games. We would be 16-8. But we have to fight on.
A win in Ky or at home vs Auburn to get in would be just as good but you're right as those 2 wins would have us setting pretty with our toughest stretch coming up.

Short and sweet...well played game by the team. Team effort. The defense and rebounding looks good. Also, as Vescovi has gotten more comfortable he is the main ball handler and turnovers have gone down.

Vescovi had his best game. Lol at vocal minority basketball experts on this board saying he is not a PG. Color analyst saying he saved the season. I agree even more so with JJJ out.

Bowden, Pons and Fulkerson playing more aggressive. I would like to see Bowden's shot improve but I'm glad he looks less hesitant.

Plasvic looks like a multi year developmental player. It's a little disappointing with that size but that's ok. We get 3 more years from him.

I feel like it really isn't that hard to see- where is our shooting coach? Bowden's shooting from a different pocket than he's ever shot from. He's bringing the ball back and closer to his chest more now- almost "launching it". When he's good, he's got a much quicker release.

Hate to say that after this game, was his better game in quite some time. Some shots just look so awkward and different than he usually looks...

Reactions: PulaskiVolFan
I feel like it really isn't that hard to see- where is our shooting coach? Bowden's shooting from a different pocket than he's ever shot from. He's bringing the ball back and closer to his chest more now- almost "launching it". When he's good, he's got a much quicker release.

Hate to say that after this game, was his better game in quite some time. Some shots just look so awkward and different than he usually looks...

I feel like he leans forward too much on hist straight away threes and it throws him off. His highest percentage jumpers come off curl action where his momentum is carrying him to one side or he stops and goes straight up. He is also good on inbounds threes where he runs to the corner and his momentum is carrying him to the baseline.

Needs to start games with long 2's or taking it to the basket until he gets a rythym.

Lol! Gaines does live on the floor. Hopefully, he will live in the weight room this summer. I hope Gaines can progress like Josh Richardson. Every year Josh added to his offensive game. One year Josh had a consistent mid-range jumper, then he added the three, and then he worked on his ballhandling.
Did you see Josh last night? Showed all his skills. Guy is fun to watch.

I feel like he leans forward too much on hist straight away threes and it throws him off. His highest percentage jumpers come off curl action where his momentum is carrying him to one side or he stops and goes straight up. He is also good on inbounds threes where he runs to the corner and his momentum is carrying him to the baseline.

Needs to start games with long 2's or taking it to the basket until he gets a rythym.
I played with a guy, really streaky shooter. When he was off, like Bowden is, my job at point was to get him the ball at certain spots on the floor early to help him get in a groove. First 5 times or so down the court he got the ball in those spots. If he was still off my job was to not get him the ball. He had to get it and do something. Bowden is out of rhythm badly. If he gets in it we can do some damage. Hope it happens soon.

Reactions: gainesvol82
He’s 21 a year old red shirt freshman. Is it realistic to expect the same type of improvements (especially physical improvements) as we would for Pember, Gaines, and Vescovi?

No, it's not.

Pember & Gaines have been playing ball since they were kids and Vescovi spent most of HS in NBA related prep programs. Uros is closer to a Kyle Alexander in that he didn't play basketball a ton in his youth.

He also was only at Arizona State because another Serbia was coaching there, but had originally been recruited to Cleveland State. He's a project more so than any other player on the team. We're honestly playing him because there's no reason not to, he already burned his redshirt at ASU.

Hope you’re right on him. Didn’t know UP didn’t play bball in his youth. When did he take up the sport?

Oliver needs to get a least one post move that he can trust, then use it till they stop it. You got to have at least one go to move, he rebounds and plays d better than plasvic. We need him to give Fulky and pons a break.

VN Store

Back