The Official Tennessee vs. #6 Alabama Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

Shut your mouth. Our guys played their asses off and they had the game stolen from them by the officiating shifting the momentum. We were up by 15 until bama started flopping like fish.
Officials were really bad but our offensive performance in the second half was really to blame. We reverted to guys trying to do too much on their own versus what they did in the first half. And it was just rotten luck with Gaines the one going to the line to take the lead back.

refs were bad but come on guys...the turnovers and the inability to score off turnovers is what lost us this game.
Nah bro sorry. 300% on officiating. We shot better, had the same amount of turnovers, and had a 15 point advantage that was ruined by 4 calls canceling out our chance to extend that lead and let Bama back into the game. Don’t give me this blame the team **** when the officials without a doubt made it clear the SEC wants a Cinderella story for Bama this year. Champions in football but look now! Champions in basketball too! Oh wow wee!!!

Barnes shouldn't be ashamed for not going at the refs abd at least getting a Tech...James getting his 4th found was bs and all the tricky tack crap at the start of the 2nd lost us the game...Bama was able to go on a run and We were already playing at a disadvantage without Fulky...having to rely on Uros

What?

Officials were really bad but our offensive performance in the second half was really to blame. We reverted to guys trying to do too much on their own versus what they did in the first half. And it was just rotten luck with Gaines the one going to the line to take the lead back.
This. Well said. I'm splitting hairs here, but it looked to me that Gaines forced the travel. I think it should have been a TO before the foul.

Reactions: hUTch2002
This. Well said. I'm splitting hairs here, but it looked to me that Gaines forced the travel. I think it should have been a TO before the foul.

What really sucks is Gaines was fired up after getting the foul called, yet when he stepped to the line it looked like he immediately got stage fright.

We reverted to benching JJJ because he had 4 found due to stupid refs...playing down JJJ and Fulky to the #1 team in our conference didn't bode well..

Who? JJJ has 4 fouls. Smart man.
Hmmm... Keon? It’s a one point game but with <30 seconds.. it’s not likely going to OT roll with JJJ. It’s a hell of a lot smarter than plugging in a dude who is a liability and played what? 10 minutes all year. Counter point please

Nice lineup management huh? Pretty impressive.. let’s put an ice cold player who never plays all year in for the last minute down 1... great call coach

It was an excellent choice to throw a change up. Vescovi was getting eaten alive and Gaines gave us the stop we needed. No foul on Gaines and you are all saying Barnes is a genius. It was quick on quick and Gaines won the play he was put in to win.

Last edited:
Wasn't this the time to call that play where Ernie G steps to the line to shoot those free throws for Gaines?
Oh, those were fun

VN Store

Back