The Official Tennessee vs. #6 Alabama Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, ESPN

Bama had one starter play over 20 minutes yesterday. We had 5 guys play over 30, plus we are down Fulkerson now. We can pull it off but geez, its going to take an extraordinary effort. Legs will become a factor on our end and we have to find a way to push through it.

Alabama is scary but would it surprise anyone to know they don't have a single win over any time currently ranked in the top 25? Their only ranked win period was us, and we're not ranked rn. For comparison we have 3 (Colorado, Arkansas, Kansas)

Team so hard to guard you have to guard the three real close and they can also drive to the basket. I think we have to play as well as we've played all season to win today.
Well, they’re quicker than we are overall so it’s hard to guard the 3 well and the drives. I’d take away the drives and we need to be more aggressive on the boards. We get hurt a lot by drives where we help off and then give up the backside rebound.

Cade Cunningham (Projected #1 pick in the draft) took over against Baylor yesterday and pushed his team to a title game appearance.

Sure would be nice if Keon Johnson (Projected #6 pick) could take over today and carry us to the title game. Time to live up to your billing Keon! GBO!
I believe he will, he had that look in his eye yesterday that he had in the second half against UK.

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
Take care of the ball and play great defense and this game is winnable. And hit your FT’s

Bama, to me, is one of the best teams in the country. They have deadly shooters all over the floor. I think they are a final 4 team and would be the favorites against anyone they play except maybe Gonzaga.

Unfortunately I don't feel good about this one

Bama - 78
Tennessee - 70

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
You know your blood runs orange when you’re facing a team that is projected by just about every analyst to beat you, and you still have a pit in your stomach with crazy nerves prior to tip.

Come on BasketVols, shock the CBB world!

Reactions: 1985Vols
Bama had one starter play over 20 minutes yesterday. We had 5 guys play over 30, plus we are down Fulkerson now. We can pull it off but geez, its going to take an extraordinary effort. Legs will become a factor on our end and we have to find a way to push through it.

Not too worried today. Now, if we win that would come into play more tomorrow.

I say first to 20 wins.

VN Store

Back