The Official Tennessee vs. #17 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN2

To be fair, being lucky and being wide open are two different things. I will go out on a limb and say the opposing team at least was putting a hand in their face while they were putting up 27% three point shooting coming in.

Which makes you wonder what the upside is of each player that returns on the current roster.

I didn't see the game but I hate losing to Auburn in basketball. I think they are one of the most undisciplined teams in the SEC. They fire up a bunch of 3 pointers and if they get on a lucky hot streak then they can beat you. They have some good players but I'm not sure their ability is maximized because they are undisciplined.

The fact is UT is a very up and down team. We don't have enough good players or consistent players which is a characteristic of a good player.

This, which pretty much sums up their Final Four run last year, all because New Mexico St. couldn't hit free throws to put them away in the first game.

Yes, but it would be good to have a go to zone if only fo a few minutes to stop penetration and protect players in foul trouble.
You know what else helps stop penetration. Guys rotating correctly and being where they need to be to cut off drives and contest shots

It also makes rebounding harder, and we struggle enough in that department as is.
I think part of the issue with rebounding is we've basically played a four guard lineup this year. We are going to give up rebounds. However we need to do a better job of closing out on shooters. The weird thing is even with this lineup we dont run much. Now Barnes is a much better coach then I'll ever be but for such a guard heavy team we play so slow

Not playing zone is the least of our problems on D. Slow rotations and bad switching is why we give up so many wide open threes. I dont know if you know this or not but zone kind of invites teams to shoot the three which is the opposite of what we want

As an outside shooter, I loved playing against a zone. Didn’t have to work nearly as hard.

Reactions: mr.checkerboards
Which makes you wonder what the upside is of each player that returns on the current roster.[/QUOTE
Vols never guard the 3’s well. We always allow someone to come to our house and have a “career day”.

Not playing zone is the least of our problems on D. Slow rotations and bad switching is why we give up so many wide open threes. I dont know if you know this or not but zone kind of invites teams to shoot the three which is the opposite of what we want
We can agree to disagree. It all depends on what kind of zone you play. We have good length that is perfect for a zone defense

VN Store

Back