The Official Tennessee vs. #17 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN2

Oh I'm sure you and others are hoping that's true so you can keep bitching.

I won’t lie....always gonna have a soft spot for the guy who wanted to be here over the guy who tried to bail and is only here cause he got stuck.

Just my mentality.

Screwing up is one thing with me.

Bailing on me is another.

At least I am honest.

Screw Barnes!

I won’t lie....always gonna have a soft spot for the guy who wanted to be here over the guy who tried to bail and is only here cause he got stuck.

Just my mentality.

At least I am honest.

Screw Barnes!
Pearl flirted with other jobs multiple times when he was here. I know of at least 3.

Pearl flirted with other jobs multiple times when he was here. I know of at least 3.

Yeah I never understand the whole loyalty thing with Pearl and he loves UT thing with the fan base. He went after Indiana and Arizona for sure.

Reactions: VolFreakJosh
Yeah I never understand the whole loyalty thing with Pearl and he loves UT thing with the fan base. He went after Indiana and Arizona for sure.

It's called Orange Colored Glasses and nostalgia. There's a lot about the Pearl years people seem to forget.

Reactions: VolNExile

Well screw him too!!!

I got two daughters and a wife all on their period right now and a damn dog with an appetite for used tampons.

Who else can I hate right now?

Just give me the names. I got plenty of pissedness to go around right now.

Pearl is on in Jalen Green and Greg Brown... so this could change if he lands one, or both of those two... but as it looks for the time being, Auburn should struggle next year. I'm not sure how the SEC schedule rotation works, but next year would be a good year to get to play them twice again.

Just my mentality.

At least I am honest.

Screw Barnes!
🙄

Just my mentality.

At least I am honest.

Screw Barnes!

And you're completely ignorant. Pearl used Indiana, Arizona, and Memphis for sure to get raises.

My god you people are so naive and simple.

Reactions: VolNExile
I didn't see the game but I hate losing to Auburn in basketball. I think they are one of the most undisciplined teams in the SEC. They fire up a bunch of 3 pointers and if they get on a lucky hot streak then they can beat you. They have some good players but I'm not sure their ability is maximized because they are undisciplined.

The fact is UT is a very up and down team. We don't have enough good players or consistent players which is a characteristic of a good player.

We are in the post-enforcement era. Auburn would probably tell the NCAA to flip off and that would be that. Look at LSU, North Carolina, Arizona, etc etc. Only UT was so stupid as to chuck their guy under the bus and tell him to lay still while it ran over him.

Bruce's violations paled in comparison to a ton of people like Frank Haith, Jim Boeheim, Wade, Miller, Self etc etc. But his penalties were massive by comparison to anything they've faced or likely ever will. He should have sued the NCAA.

Like given for "post-enforcement era".

Well screw him too!!!

I got two daughters and a wife all on their period right now and a damn dog with an appetite for used tampons.

Who else can I hate right now?

Just give me the names. I got plenty of pissedness to go around right now.

Fine example of a First World problem. Trumps a slow internet connection or a long line at Starbucks.

Reactions: BreatheUT
I didn't see the game but I hate losing to Auburn in basketball. I think they are one of the most undisciplined teams in the SEC. They fire up a bunch of 3 pointers and if they get on a lucky hot streak then they can beat you. They have some good players but I'm not sure their ability is maximized because they are undisciplined.

The fact is UT is a very up and down team. We don't have enough good players or consistent players which is a characteristic of a good player.
The threes were falling in this game for AU. They have been a bad 3 point shooting team this season but man, TN brings out the best in them for sure.. Also read where it was AUburns biggest SEC road win in terms of margin since 2017. Ughhh!

The threes were falling in this game for AU. They have been a bad 3 point shooting team this season but man, TN brings out the best in them for sure.. Also read where it was AUburns biggest SEC road win in terms of margin since 2017. Ughhh!

IMO the final margin was kind of deceptive. The game just petered out at the end and after the outcome was clear the difference slowly grew. I felt that there were some losses closer to a 10 point margin that felt more like TN never had a chance. TN just had no response to Auburn's final push.

Not surprising that we make them look like 1989 UNLV when they just got beat by Texas A&M.

To be fair, being lucky and being wide open are two different things. I will go out on a limb and say the opposing team at least was putting a hand in their face while they were putting up 27% three point shooting coming in.

Maybe if some of Barnes stubbornness goes away and he plays a zone defense every now and then he will be able
Not playing zone is the least of our problems on D. Slow rotations and bad switching is why we give up so many wide open threes. I dont know if you know this or not but zone kind of invites teams to shoot the three which is the opposite of what we want

Not playing zone is the least of our problems on D. Slow rotations and bad switching is why we give up so many wide open threes. I dont know if you know this or not but zone kind of invites teams to shoot the three which is the opposite of what we want
Yes, but it would be good to have a go to zone if only fo a few minutes to stop penetration and protect players in foul trouble.

It also makes rebounding harder, and we struggle enough in that department as is.

VN Store

Back