The Official Tennessee vs. #17 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN2

I look forward to the day Pearl gets in trouble again by the NCAA where he’s forced to quit.

Karma eventually catches up to you.

We are in the post-enforcement era. Auburn would probably tell the NCAA to flip off and that would be that. Look at LSU, North Carolina, Arizona, etc etc. Only UT was so stupid as to chuck their guy under the bus and tell him to lay still while it ran over him.

Bruce's violations paled in comparison to a ton of people like Frank Haith, Jim Boeheim, Wade, Miller, Self etc etc. But his penalties were massive by comparison to anything they've faced or likely ever will. He should have sued the NCAA.

Lied to the NCAA & University about a BBQ, got other players to lie for him, took a huge sh*t on his assistants when he was canned, but didn’t do anything wrong?

But it was just a BBQ!!!

Of course it was but that’s not the freaking point.

He turned a minor situation into something huge due to his selfishness and stupidity. He f**cked everyone that was involved.

Really thought we had a chance when we brought it to 5... I guess we'll just have to knuckle down and make sure we're playing on Saturday at minimum in Nashville.

Reactions: feathersax
Lied to the NCAA & University about a BBQ, got other players to lie for him, took a huge sh*t on his assistants when he was canned, but didn’t do anything wrong?

But it was just a BBQ!!!

He turned a minor situation into something huge due to his selfishness and stupidity. He f**cked everyone that was involved.

How about when Frank Haith did much worse a year later and got 8 games at Missouri?

Bench play. AU had answers from theirs we did not. Only JJ. Today because of JJJ and Pons struggle we needed him to hit 4 or 5 during crunch time.

Reactions: feathersax

But it was just a BBQ!!!

And nothing you have said here is any worse than anything else that's went on. The only school that gets in trouble is Southern Miss so I guess we are lucky there.

He’s dirty as ****
I never liked him when he was here but did pull for his teams 100% he is a motivator & teaches in bounds guarding best I ever seen & if he was born b4 Naismith invented B ball he would be a circus barker at Barnum & Baileys.

But it was just a BBQ!!!

And he continues to be Rick Barnes Daddy

Reactions: jeff1vol and Tnphil
This has not much to do with either coach. We are a thin team in a rebuilding year and we simply don’t have the horses or depth to cover up for our weaknesses. Even then auburn had to get 70% of all calls and shoot lights out with contested threes to beat us.

My last post in this thread
We can win SEC Tournament if we draw the right bracket. UK is a mess & the whole SEC is up & down you just got to get on a 3 game roll in the right bracket with good matchups. GBO

Reactions: cobbwebb0710
This has not much to do with either coach. We are a thin team in a rebuilding year and we simply don’t have the horses or depth to cover up for our weaknesses. Even then auburn had to get 70% of all calls and shoot lights out with contested threes to beat us.
Seriously? Pearl does what Pearl always does, he pounded Barnes in an important game. He is Barnes nemesis.

Reactions: jeff1vol
My last post in this thread
We can win SEC Tournament if we draw the right bracket. UK is a mess & the whole SEC is up & down you just got to get on a 3 game roll in the right bracket with good matchups. GBO

We can, but we won't. Nothing about this team tells me they can put together 4 straight great performances in a row.

VN Store

Back