The Official Tennessee vs. #17 Auburn Game Thread, 12:00 PM ET, ESPN2

We actually shot a higher percentage from 3-point range than Auburn did. Go figure.

Pathetic. I think Auburn has gotten away with a lot of contact on some of those rebounds, but that's all the more reason for us to play more physical
Noticed once Fulky was posting up and the defender literally pushed him in the back with both arms and moved him considerably. Ref was watching and just turned his head.

Its basic math at this point. There were 3 baskets made by auburn that were off of what should have been offensive fouls and 8 points off of plays where there should have been travel, walks, etc. Not to mention the 2 wiped off on the bad out of bounds call.

Since UT didnt get anything in regard to good calls I'll venture to say they earned all of their points. Refs are winning this game.

When Au makes 3s with their physical style with super athletes at every position they are tough to beat. Its when the 3 ball is not going in in all their losses.

His rebound rate has to be very low considering how many minutes he plays. I still say we need to recruit a physical athletic big to mix in for next year.
He rebounds as well as Grant Williams, but we need a Kyle Alexander to pair with him. Pons in the post defense is a bit awkward because he gets like 3.6 defensive rebounds a game which is super low for a PF. Fulk spends all his energy boxing out the C from the other teams, so he’s rarely there for the actual grab

Auburn is 8-12 inside the arc and is +11 on the boards. Those are the two stats that stick out to me.
Easy to be up in the boards when over the back isn't called.

Plus, it's one of those games where the bounces just seem to be going the other way.

Ummmmm and he made the Final Four last season. You think Barnes will ever do that here ?

We’re not talking about Barnes?

I’m just saying, Pearl never made the Final Four at Tennessee nor won a National Title with his style of play.

Have to match Auburns physicality. Cant let them play bully ball. If the refs want to foul everybody out then let them. Dont get pushed around in the second half and we have a chance

VN Store

Back