The Official Tennessee vs. #15 Kentucky Game Thread, 1:00 PM ET, CBS

Your narrative gets old.....boring......tiring.
Unfortunately it is true, i think what really irritates me is Barnes after the last two years success was ready to bolt to UCLA so easily. I am curious why? He knew that there would be a major drop off in his recruited talent. It is what it is, the Vols had a chance today though and could have knocked off Big Blue.

Unfortunately it is true, i think what really irritates me is Barnes after the last two years success was ready to bolt to UCLA so easily. I am curious why? He knew that there would be a major drop off in his recruited talent. It is what it is, the Vols had a chance today though and could have knocked off Big Blue.

UCLA is a big time job for the people in Barnes’ generation. It’s nostalgic. Big time players are much closer to campus. Easier to recruit.

Also, I believe Barnes thought his program wasn’t getting the support that it should be getting (resources). This was a wake up call, and he was given more support. So much so, that after one game (I believe Memphis), he and some of his staff got right on a plane and watched Kennedy Chandler play. Not sure that was happening 3 years ago.

Enjoyed watching the Vols compete today. Was an exciting hard fought game. We just didn’t have enough guys who could score, especially with JJJ out. If they will continue to fight this hard there’s more victories ahead this season.

UCLA is a much better job.

Better exposure, easier to recruit.

With the right coach and system, it’s an easy rebuild.

It’s not the 1970s anymore when 1 game a day was on TV and it usually involved only the Blue bloods. UCLA is a tough sale now, especially for a 65 yr old coach. Kids want to move East now. We rarely see UCLA on TV anymore and it’s at 10:30 usually when you do.

It’s not the 1970s anymore when 1 game a day was on TV and it usually involved only the Blue bloods. UCLA is a tough sale now, especially for a 65 yr old coach. Kids want to move East now. We rarely see UCLA on TV anymore and it’s at 10:30 usually when you do.
They’re one right hire away from being great again. The only consistently good programs on the west coast right now are Gonzaga and Oregon. There’s a window for another pac 12 team to win big if any of them get their act together.

I would agree about 10 years ago but west coast college jobs are not that great anymore. People out there just don't care about it and there is too much competition for people's attention. It would be closer to a lateral move now a days.

I would agree about 10 years ago but west coast college jobs are not that great anymore. People out there just don't care about it and there is too much competition for people's attention. It would be closer to a lateral move now a days.

The recruiting advantage isn’t debatable, and I hear that campus is a great location. Now, whether they get the same support as they used to, I don’t know. However, it is still a school where you can succeed at a very high level.

The recruiting advantage isn’t debatable, and I hear that campus is a great location. Now, whether they get the same support as they used to, I don’t know. However, it is still a school where you can succeed at a very high level.
If you were starting from scratch as a coach at either program you would have a better chance of making a Final Four or a National Championship at UCLA but from were Barnes was sitting at the time I don't believe even that would be the case. He was obviously in on some big time recruits and had just won 30 games.

According to the in game win probability, the two most consequential plays of the game both involved fouls called on Fulkerson. We were down by 4 with just under 8 after two possessions where Vescovi drained a big three and and Bowden made an alley oop. The crowd was in it. Then immediately on the other end they called Fulkerson for a foul on Richards to me it appeared to be a clean block. He made the first FT, missed the second and they got the rebound and put back. On the very next possession they called an and-one foul against Fulkerson which looked like a slight graze at worst.

According to the in game win probability, the two most consequential plays of the game both involved fouls called on Fulkerson. We were down by 4 with just under 8 after two possessions where Vescovi drained a big three and and Bowden made an alley oop. The crowd was in it. Then immediately on the other end they called Fulkerson for a foul on Richards to me it appeared to be a clean block. He made the first FT, missed the second and they got the rebound and put back. On the very next possession they called an and-one foul against Fulkerson which looked like a slight graze at worst.

Yep, those foul calls also sucked the energy right out of TBA.

There was one call that everybody was up in arms that was called on Fulky that gets called every time. Not sure if your referencing this paticular call. He let Richards get on his hip. Even though there wasn't a whole lot of contact, when you get beat like that, it gets called every time. Fulky in fact gets it himself a lot because he often out quicks his guy to the basket.

VN Store

Back