The Official Tennessee vs. #1 Georgia Game Thread, 3:30 PM ET, CBS

Not giving up on these guys. Playing hard. Gotta change some angles on how we’re coming at Bennett. Gotta have some dbs take a chance and jump some routes.

Reactions: minorvol and DC_Vol
I think OSU puts a solid heating on them in the playoffs. The only reason we aren’t tied or winning right now is due to self inflicted mistakes. We have a bright future ahead of us but no way in hell we should be hanging with the number 1 team in the nation right now.
OSU will choke again I got no faith in them beating a SEC team

Reactions: minorvol
We can move on this [best ever, blah, blah defense] we've made it look easy at times. But your qb can't overthrow wide open receivers. That's on TN, not this juggernaut defense
They’re a great D. It were a pretty darn good O. We’ve definitely had some self inflicted mistakes but UGA has also made some good plays too. The INT and then the 3rd down overthrow on the next possession were tough, not to mention the couple of deeps balls just off the fingertips.

GA will put this away 3 scores to start the half. I'm not saying our guys are going to quit but it seems hopeless at this point. Hooker is off and that guy carries the team. We just can never stop anyone on 3rd down and I dont care if it's 3rd and 25.

Reactions: TN1111
Sucks Mizzou screwed it up for us last week. They caught UGA off guard with that 2nd half on side kick. They had to rekick because Mizzou player touched smidge too soon but executed perfectly. Georgia was shocked. No way we can do it this week.

First half takeaways and what’s making the game:
Hooker is playing pretty good but not great. He has too many missed key passes, with one being an INT, and that big miss to Fant for the TD. We have 2 just missed deep balls just off finger tips, but those could be on the QB or the WR. But plays we have to make those plays to upset the #1 team with the #1 defense.

Our lack of a pass rush/pass rusher is showing up again, our inability to get pressure on passing downs really hurts this team and it is today.

Their RB Cook is a beast and a huge difference maker in this game.

It's the same script every time we play Georgia, Florida, and Alabama. We keep it close for 1.5 quarters. I give myself hope after knowing all week we have no chance, and then the hope evaporates and the beat down commences. Mentally, it's just draining.

That's what lack of depth and development time gets you. This goes all the way back to Pruitt, and it will take recruiting and time to get it righted. Doesn't excuse it or anything. But we're short players and when we burn through our best mens we run out of gas. Tennessee had its chances. Just didn't hit them all.

Reactions: TheVolsFrog
Face it... they're stacked with talent....We're a decimated team that Huepel and Co. have pieced together a gotten some wins... for what we have accomplished with what we got....I'll take it ... just beat Vandy and that other team we're playing.....Go Vols!!!

VN Store

Back